Essay Structure

Watch this thread
Voi
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
When I write essays, I follow this structure:

Paragraph one

1 2 3 A

Paragraph Two

1 2 3 B

Paragraph Three

1 2 3 C

Paragraph Four

1 2 3 D

Conclusion

A B C D

Basically, say I write 4 paragraphs, I end each one of those paragraphs with a sentence e.g. A (as above) that concludes the points I have presented in that paragraph (a concluding sentence).

In my conclusion, I then restate each one of those concluding sentences.

Is this correct?
student3005
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Voi)

Paragraph one

1 2 3 A

Paragraph Two

1 2 3 B

Paragraph Three

1 2 3 C

Paragraph Four

1 2 3 D

Conclusion

A B C D

Basically, say I write 4 paragraphs, I end each one of those paragraphs with a sentence e.g. A (as above) that concludes the points I have presented in that paragraph (a concluding sentence).

Is this correct?
Thats more or less what I do. My teacher taught me pec (points, evidence, comment) which is when you make a point, give evidence to back on the comment e.g quote or statistics and then comment to say how important it is. I would also write an intro and my conclusion I would sum up the main points
Klix88
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Voi)

Paragraph one

1 2 3 A

Paragraph Two

1 2 3 B

Paragraph Three

1 2 3 C

Paragraph Four

1 2 3 D

Conclusion

A B C D

Is this correct?
Paragraph 1 should be an introduction. If this is a uni-level essay you should have a Bibliography after the Conclusion. I was taught the basic:

- Introduction: Tell the reader what you're about to tell them. Demonstrate that you understand the essay question.
- Body: Tell them.
- Conclusion: Summarise what you've just told them and explain how that answers the question. You should end with one or two sentences which actually do answer the question.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (223)
42.31%
The paper was reasonable (226)
42.88%
Not feeling great about that exam... (48)
9.11%
It was TERRIBLE (30)
5.69%

Watched Threads