Paragraph Two

1 2 3 B

Paragraph Three

1 2 3 C

Paragraph Four

1 2 3 D

Conclusion

A B C D

Basically, say I write 4 paragraphs, I end each one of those paragraphs with a sentence e.g. A (as above) that concludes the points I have presented in that paragraph (a concluding sentence).

In my conclusion, I then restate each one of those concluding sentences.

Is this correct?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Voi)
    When I write essays, I follow this structure:

Paragraph one

1 2 3 A

Paragraph Two

1 2 3 B

Paragraph Three

1 2 3 C

Paragraph Four

1 2 3 D

Conclusion

A B C D

Basically, say I write 4 paragraphs, I end each one of those paragraphs with a sentence e.g. A (as above) that concludes the points I have presented in that paragraph (a concluding sentence).

Is this correct?
    Thats more or less what I do. My teacher taught me pec (points, evidence, comment) which is when you make a point, give evidence to back on the comment e.g quote or statistics and then comment to say how important it is. I would also write an intro and my conclusion I would sum up the main points

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Voi)
    When I write essays, I follow this structure:

Paragraph one

1 2 3 A

Paragraph Two

1 2 3 B

Paragraph Three

1 2 3 C

Paragraph Four

1 2 3 D

Conclusion

A B C D

Is this correct?
    Paragraph 1 should be an introduction. If this is a uni-level essay you should have a Bibliography after the Conclusion. I was taught the basic:

- Introduction: Tell the reader what you're about to tell them. Demonstrate that you understand the essay question.
    - Body: Tell them.
    - Conclusion: Summarise what you've just told them and explain how that answers the question. You should end with one or two sentences which actually do answer the question.

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.