Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I get crush something for Valentine's? Watch

A couple of months ago I asked her out (something I'd never do) and she said yes and seemed genuine/warm, but then changed her mind when trying to setup something a few days after, as well as showed other mixed signals. We still don't know each other that well or talk much, but we're in the same place several days a few hours a week, and of the little interactions we have they seem positive, and recently I feel like she's trying to encourage me to talk more. I'm really bad at opening up to people and get anxiety easily, so from her perspective I probably come across as cold, which I can't seem to help, and my mind just goes blank each time. I feel like I'd actually have a good chance with her if I was more talkative and confident, but sadly it's just not within me..

As illogical as the crush might be, I still want to try in my own way though. I was thinking of getting her something simple and small like a small flower/rose and love heart sweets and if it's positive I'll hug her. Would that be too much / is it a mistake? Reassurances or reality checks welcome..

ReputationRep:
    Nah ask her out to coffee,lunch something like that instead, and btw I understand what you mean by looking cold. You just have to practice even practice talking to people in general more (friends,teachers,family etc.)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.