The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

English and Film Studies

Anybody applied for English and Film Studies at Salford in September 2017? I'm thinking of firming my unconditional for it soon but I've joined some groups on Facebook and I haven't found anyone else who's doing it- I'm starting to think I'm the only one!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by alexwmwm
Anybody applied for English and Film Studies at Salford in September 2017? I'm thinking of firming my unconditional for it soon but I've joined some groups on Facebook and I haven't found anyone else who's doing it- I'm starting to think I'm the only one!

Hi! I've actually applied for the same course and was thinking of firming it too! hahah. So nope, you're not the only one! I'm still a little unsure which uni it is i want to make my firm, but Salford seems my best option at the moment :smile:
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Reply 2
Phew, I was starting to get worried haha! That's great, I'm really excited to start studying it, and Salford seems like the perfect place for it since there's a campus right in the middle of MediaCityUK☺️
Phew, I was starting to get worried haha! That's great, I'm really excited to start studying it, and Salford seems like the perfect place for it since there's a campus right in the middle of MediaCityUK☺️

haha yeah true. MediaCityUK looks really cool and it does seem perfect. im still not 100% about going there yet but i do agree that the course seems just right :smile:
Reply 4
Ah ok, well I hope you decide on the right uni for you!😊
Ah ok, well I hope you decide on the right uni for you!😊

Thank you! Did you get offers from other unis? My other choices are Bath Spa and Nottingham Trent. Just wondering if we have similar offers and why you're choosing Salford over the others. It would be a great help to make me decide! haha :smile:
Reply 6
I've had offers from Hull, Manchester Met, Leeds trinity and uni of Leeds, I wanted to stay fairly local haha. I chose Salford because of the location and the fact that the course seemed to have really interesting modules- but as well the accommodation was a lot nicer than some of the other places I looked at😊
I've had offers from Hull, Manchester Met, Leeds trinity and uni of Leeds, I wanted to stay fairly local haha. I chose Salford because of the location and the fact that the course seemed to have really interesting modules- but as well the accommodation was a lot nicer than some of the other places I looked at😊

Ahh that's cool. 😊 i thought about applying to Hull but didn't in the end. The location of Salford wasn't a big deal to me because im from Gibraltar so nowhere in the UK was gonna be local for me hahah. But apart from that, yes the course does seem interesting and im assuming that because of MediaCityUK, the course will be better for our interests than at other unis perhaps. Also, yeah the accommodation does look nice. I'll probably look into staying at the Peel Park quarter accommodation if i do happen to pick Salford.
Reply 8
Ah ok haha! Yeah I assumed there'd be more opportunities in Salford because of MediaCityUK as well. You should definitely look into Peel Park, I've just booked my room there and it looks really nice!😊
Ah ok haha! Yeah I assumed there'd be more opportunities in Salford because of MediaCityUK as well. You should definitely look into Peel Park, I've just booked my room there and it looks really nice!😊

yeah im gonna have to book my room soon! the rooms are going quite fast :/
Reply 10
Yeah they do seem to be- I booked mine on the first day booking opened and within hours my room was full😳

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending