Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay so I've always been a bit off with maths since the start. I did a mock a few weeks ago and got a level 3 (D). I did a resit of the mock which had the same questions which the class struggled with and I only went up by 1 point and my teacher basically told me and a few other pupils that we screwed up completely. I stupidly didn't revise properly for it. But it's just overall I struggle to understand maths and remembering formulas. And when I really struggle with it I can't comprehend anything and I stress and cry because of it:/ my exam is in May and I just don't know how to revise. I have books and a tutor but I just want everything to sink in and stuff

ReputationRep:
    Past papers are the most important thing by far, just go through as many as possible. There's only a certain amount of things they can ask for in the real exam, and they're quite often repeated in some way from past papers, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I can't recommend JustMath's foundation/higher worksheets highly enough. They collate a huge amount of questions from multiple all 4 exam boards, sorted by topic.

Higher

Foundation

ReputationRep:
    Print Maths sheets and past sowers from maths genie and mathstallis and watch YouTube videos on the topics that you're struggling on and practice this over and over again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Macy457)
    Okay so I've always been a bit off with maths since the start. I did a mock a few weeks ago and got a level 3 (D). I did a resit of the mock which had the same questions which the class struggled with and I only went up by 1 point and my teacher basically told me and a few other pupils that we screwed up completely. I stupidly didn't revise properly for it. But it's just overall I struggle to understand maths and remembering formulas. And when I really struggle with it I can't comprehend anything and I stress and cry because of it:/ my exam is in May and I just don't know how to revise. I have books and a tutor but I just want everything to sink in and stuff
    Past Papers are literally the way to go. Although in Wales, the new specification has left us without past papers. Your school should offer some sort of online maths revision such as 'My Maths', 'HeggartyMaths', 'PiXL'. If not then, BBC Bitesize, or iXL are both great!
    Hope this helped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by POLLYnomial)
    Past papers are the most important thing by far, just go through as many as possible. There's only a certain amount of things they can ask for in the real exam, and they're quite often repeated in some way from past papers, good luck!
    Hey, so past papers even help for the new specification? Because i feel like even though i revise from old spec papers its not helping me get a good amount of marks in the new spec, and i have no idea why

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.