Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is the most amount of miles that you have ever seen on a car? Watch

ReputationRep:
    You hear of cars being able to do 150k-200k+ miles. But what is the most amount of miles that you have ever known for a car to have done?
    It could be a car that belongs/belonged to you or someone else.

ReputationRep:
    An 'old' D reg Land Rover which had done a genuine 385,000 miles. And was still going.

ReputationRep:
    I know an old ford mondeo that my mum and dad had- my dad went on that official MOT check website (he was looking up his old cars to see if they are still around etc) and found that at its last MOT it had done 190,000 miles.

ReputationRep:
    My dads skoda is currently on 350k and still going
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma:-))
    You hear of cars being able to do 150k-200k+ miles. But what is the most amount of miles that you have ever known for a car to have done?
    It could be a car that belongs/belonged to you or someone else.
    341,000 Daihatsu Feroza. I did close to 1k on that thing.

It had a disconnected exhaust like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKbNUenifek

It had lots of mods to keep it going.
    All gears worked, but it would crunch on 3rd.

It was a rental car I rented for a month, learned to drive in it (left hand drive but it was easy to switch to right hand driving). Did a lot of off-road driving too fast so I broke the rear view mirror, the dashboard fell off, the mudflaps fell off and it overheated on some hot days. The most fun i've ever had in a car, old cars are just great fun- but rental cars make it much better.

ReputationRep:
    My Passat has 170k on it at the moment, but you wouldn't know it.

I've owned a few cars in the 150-200k mile bracket and this is the nicest by far.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.