Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Friend uninvited me to wedding Watch

Announcements

I have been friends with the groom for over 4 years which he and the bride said I was invited to the wedding ceremony. I was surprised as a registry office is usually small so was please to be asked. The bride asked if I had my invitation which I said no and she said the groom had them but will need to bring it out when he sees me.

A few months went by so i heard nothing. I messaged the bride saying I am not inviting myself but wondered what the arrangements were. She said I could only go to the reception as there was no room as the ceremony. I accepted this as it is their wedding day but don't know why they backtracked.

The wedding was yesterday and I felt upset as all of our friends went to the ceremony except me. One friend made it worse telling me there were 2 empty rows of seats. I always made an effort to see the groom over the years and last year I didn't see him as much due to my ill health but apparently they only invited people they have seen recently to the ceremony. I was offended as they invited people they have only known a year or not seen that often and I got fobbed off to the reception which was the after part for their colleagues to come.

Are they really friends? Was uninviting me rude?

ReputationRep:
    From what you're telling me, this seems to be a very rude response by the Groom and the Bride.

As you were a close friend of the Groom, I am certain you did nothing to make them upset with you.

My best advice is to consult with them both, and bring forward what your friend said, and see what happens

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I'd be absolutely outraged if a close friend did this to me. It's beyond rude if nothing had happened like you had an argument or something beforehand. Yes, it's up to the bride and groom who they invite but to back track an invite to a close friend when all the other good friends went is just plain rude. I'm having a town hall wedding and I agree, the numbers for those venues are small but knowing there were a lot of empty seats and I was the only close friend in the group who wasn't invited would really hurt me.

If it were me, I wouldn't talk to the first. I'd wait and see if they ever got around to contacting me and if not, that along with what happened at the wedding would show they weren't friends at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wow four years and not invite that dumpy bul***it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 6, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.