Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Exam board is AQA, 60% of our grade is controlled assessment (writing and speaking) which I'm not worried about but how do you actually revise for Reading and Listening, is it just past papers and learning the vocab/tenses?

ReputationRep:
    Personally I think past papers are the best ways for both, strictly mark them with mark scheme and you will get a better idea. Even for tenses, Try writing them out on flashcards with examples eg with ER/IR/RE in the present tense. Go through textbooks for questions on texts for even more! Hope I helped! (Currently studying GCSE French and Spanish in NI!) Maybe use quizlet for quizes as well!

ReputationRep:
    Past papers, and lots of them! I was getting Cs in French in November before my GCSE's, but after a lot of past papers my grades went up to A*. I lacked so much basic French knowledge (I didn't even know how to conjugate the present tense!) but still managed to get an A* in my final exam, all thanks to past papers :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Memrise. Lots of memrise. I did a few past papers, but loads and loads of memrise (a couple of hours per night) and I got full UMS in my French exams, and nearly full UMS in my German exams. Just practice on memrise and you will remember it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.