Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone had nightmares about results?! watch

ReputationRep:
    the week before my a-level results i was physically sick and woke up with a cold sweat each morning, after having a nightmare about being chased from the school by a giant "C" grade with a devil's stick poking me up the backside. encouraging.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    the week before my a-level results i was physically sick and woke up with a cold sweat each morning, after having a nightmare about being chased from the school by a giant "C" grade with a devil's stick poking me up the backside. encouraging.
    That's quite vivid. I have actually had a couple of skewed dreams so far, nothing indepth aside from a marked frown from my sixth form head. Generally not too good... I think I'll be alright, and in any case, nothing that can be done now! If I'm right tomorrow the institutions get our grades, or soon I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LifeWired)
    That's quite vivid. I have actually had a couple of skewed dreams so far, nothing indepth aside from a marked frown from my sixth form head. Generally not too good... I think I'll be alright, and in any case, nothing that can be done now! If I'm right tomorrow the institutions get our grades, or soon I think.
    optimistic mind, optimistic outcome and all that. and i wouldn't go pesturing the institutions, hehe.

everyone always thinks it's going to be worse than it actually turns out.

ReputationRep:
    Aye, I'm sure I'll live! Fahrenheit 8/19...

ReputationRep:
    I had a dream before my P3 Maths exam where I was walking down the corridor and then one of my Maths teachers told me to see the Head of the Department. I was then told I got an A and I couldn't wait to have a dig at my Maths teachers for predicting me a B. Man.....if only that could happen in real-life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotus_lee)
    I had a dream before my P3 Maths exam where I was walking down the corridor and then one of my Maths teachers told me to see the Head of the Department. I was then told I got an A and I couldn't wait to have a dig at my Maths teachers for predicting me a B. Man.....if only that could happen in real-life.
    Casting my mind back to how my Pure 4 and 5 exams went I can't imagine having a dream like that...! Oh well, it was FMaths, maybe they'll lighten up on me... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil)
    I had a dream once where my whole class got As, Bs and Cs. I opened my results and got 2 Ds, an E and a U. I remember saying "What? I worked harder than everyone?". I then remember someone saying "you just don't have what it takes". I woke up feeling terrible. But hey, if a dream like that doesn't motivate you to do well, nothing will.
    But those results would be cool.......they spell DUDE! Come on! the examiner thinks you're a Dude? Pretty cool eh? But yeah, those sorts of dreams are horrible! *hugs*

ReputationRep:
    Now I'm worried!!! I wasnt even that bothered before today but now it seems so close, largely due to the fact i can now say "This time next week..." which is pretty bloody scary!

Good luck everybody !

ReputationRep:
    NOT LONG NOW PEOPLE :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    NOT LONG NOW PEOPLE :cool:
    Yep, a week until THE MOMENT OF TRUTH.

Damn, if I got into the course I wanted, I would give everyone on the forum rep if I could.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotus_lee)
    Yep, a week until THE MOMENT OF TRUTH.

Damn, if I got into the course I wanted, I would give everyone on the forum rep if I could.
    same here! im worried sick

ReputationRep:
    Bet psychiatrists love the education system...keeps them in a job!

ReputationRep:
    hehe I bet well i'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of us I'm sure we will all do well (positive thinking always works?)

ReputationRep:
    I've only had one dream, and in it I got 2 Bs (can't remember which subjects were which now) and 2 'P's. A P in this dream was between a E and a U, it was like a bad pass or something. At least I know it's not a preminition!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren (LaLa))
    hehe I bet well i'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of us I'm sure we will all do well (positive thinking always works?)
    Well, when I was waiting for my GCSE results, I used negative thinking. If everything went totally wrong, then I wouldn't be disappointed. But if everything went according to plan, or even better, I would feel great. Fortunately, the latter happened to me. Your thoughts cannot change the outcome of your exam marks anyways, unless you believe in some God-power which jinxs your results.

ReputationRep:
    I actually had a nightmare before a uni exam, when I was in the middle of revising. I went into uni, and I was thinking to myself, I don't know anything. I then went for an ice cream (in the morning), even though I thought that I should revise a bit. The weird thing was that I never recognised the place I bought the ice cream, and I was with school people who ended up doing pharmacy (though who weren't at my uni). Then, everyone was at my uni, and I realised that I didn't even have my notes, so I borrowed, and started revising. I was then called into the exam, still not knowing much.
    That was very scary, and luckily, the exam day was absolutely nothing like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren (LaLa))
    I always always do negative thinking. Before the AS results were realeased I woke up in sweat nearly every night thinking I had failed. Thank goodness I'm not like that this year!! I'm pretty relaxed, anxious but not petrified.

ReputationRep:
    Some of these dreams are pretty hilarious (sorry)! If I get nightmares about my results after reading this thread it's all of you guy's fault - but then I'm pretty freaked out about it anyway, though no nightmares yet. It's next week! After the exams I really wanted mine - now I don't want them, now that they're here! I'm gonna find out I got ACCD or ADDD or summit, which would shatter all hope of Cambridge (lol I'm thinking about Cam with these prespective grades??? :confused: )

However I did get two nightmares about my GCSE exams, and one about my AS exams - nothing yet on results day though. Funny I was never this nervous about GCSEs - goes to show that I'm taking AS seriously now. My exam dreams involved my going into my main hall, where exams are normally held (but this was an art exam it should've been at the art room!) and I met a bouncer who says I can't bring my own paper into the hall. Went in, sat down, started drawing, did something in watercolours for 5 mins. Then realises I should been doing it in colour pencil! Looked at my watch - I had five minutes left. And an art exam takes 10 hours and I'll need at least 2 hours to get any decent thing on. Luckily in my actual exam I got an A*

My AS exam was worse. I dreamt during syudy leave that my exam was tomorrow and I didn't realise until midnight. I had not worked all year (this was also reality) and knew nothing at all. I went to sleep and woke up and my parents took me to McDonlds not knowing about my exam. I then rushed to the exam room a minute before it started, still not having looked at any of my notes not even once. I woke up freaked out and I had to think for a few mintues before I realised it was a dream - even then I had to go check my exam timetable and check the dates! (for goodness sake I had this in May and my exams didn't start until June!)

Well fingers crossed I don't want my results aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.