Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Effective advice for losing fat? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm a 15 year old guy who is 5'6 and I weigh 67kg. I know it's not a lot however I do have a lot of flab on my belly area, I have love handles and a slight bit of fat on my face (cheeks and double chin) what advice is there to help me lose this?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Read the FAQ bro which is stickied at the top of the fitness sub-section.

Track calories using myfitnesspal.

ReputationRep:
    Your BMI is well within the healthy range, so I don't know whether it's a case of needing to lose weight, as you say you might need to lose fat. How much exercise do you do, including weights? What is your diet like? Chips and chocolate, or something more balanced.

Keeping a record of your calorie intake can be useful for some people, but it doesn't work for everyone and there are other ways to monitor your energy intake.

ReputationRep:
    Cut your diet into taking around 2000 Calories per day, Cardio (Running + circuit), eat 3 times a day, and avoid watching McDonald commercials.

ReputationRep:
    If you want to be methodical about it, get track your calories and slowly reduce them.

If not, you can just eliminate carbs for a few weeks and you will definitely lose fat.

ReputationRep:
    Eat less and exercise.

You're welcome

ReputationRep:
    Lift bro

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Herbivore)
    Eat less and exercise.

You're welcome
    exercise isn't even necessary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hatonfire)
    exercise isn't even necessary.
    I didn't say it was. But it is optimal..
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishy789)
    I'm a 15 year old guy who is 5'6 and I weigh 67kg. I know it's not a lot however I do have a lot of flab on my belly area, I have love handles and a slight bit of fat on my face (cheeks and double chin) what advice is there to help me lose this?
    In general, I would advice to build muscles. That is quite effective in losing weight. Do that since about seven years. The best: it is also effective to prevent to build fat.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.