Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Depression: I think I'm going insane Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am 16, female
    Diagnosed a few years ago
    Went to therapy & stopped
    never took meds
    Its getting too bad. Sometimes i feel like im going out of my mind, like i wanna rip out my throat or start screaming or just do nothing at all. I have to leave class to cry sometimes. I am so alone and am not close to anyone. I'm sick of everything.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whatfuture)
    I am 16, female
    Diagnosed a few years ago
    Went to therapy & stopped
    never took meds
    Its getting too bad. Sometimes i feel like im going out of my mind, like i wanna rip out my throat or start screaming or just do nothing at all. I have to leave class to cry sometimes. I am so alone and am not close to anyone. I'm sick of everything.
    Sorry for the late reply, and that you're having such a rough time at the minute. Does anyone know what's going on for you, any of your teachers or family or anyone? If not, is there someone you trust that you could tell? It's not fair that you're going through this alone and really sound like you could do with some help. I'd also advise going back to your GP again- even if you just print out and show them this post, that would be enough. They might be limited in what they can do slightly as you're 16 but it's still worth a try, if only so someone else knows and there's still ways they can help. There's plenty of places online as well including TSR, and people like the samaritans if you just want to talk to someone. You're not alone in feeling like this and don't deserve to feel like you are. But yeah- good luck, you can do this!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    Sorry for the late reply, and that you're having such a rough time at the minute. Does anyone know what's going on for you, any of your teachers or family or anyone? If not, is there someone you trust that you could tell? It's not fair that you're going through this alone and really sound like you could do with some help. I'd also advise going back to your GP again- even if you just print out and show them this post, that would be enough. They might be limited in what they can do slightly as you're 16 but it's still worth a try, if only so someone else knows and there's still ways they can help. There's plenty of places online as well including TSR, and people like the samaritans if you just want to talk to someone. You're not alone in feeling like this and don't deserve to feel like you are. But yeah- good luck, you can do this!
    hey, thanks for your reply. i'll try talking to someone, usually i dont like to but idk i'll see what happens. thank you

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 17, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.