Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What are the best laptops for uni? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to university this year and looking at getting a new laptop, I'm going to study maths, so I know windows would be better than mac for the software and for what you get for your money. So what are the best laptops out there? Idealling looking for something quite fast, quite up to date and looks quite nice
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abiril)
    I'm going to university this year and looking at getting a new laptop, I'm going to study maths, so I know windows would be better than mac for the software and for what you get for your money. So what are the best laptops out there? Idealling looking for something quite fast, quite up to date and looks quite nice
    Check out this forum

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=147

Just pitching in as a maths student with a laptop that does the job at uni - for maths itself, you really don't need a fancy laptop. Just something that will be able to handle admin, has word, can run R/Matlab etc... so honestly the standard is really low for a laptop to achieve those things so get one for whatever will best suit your personal needs, because it'll probably satisfy the other needs for maths and uni in general!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What time of year is the worst for students?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.