Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I have an interview for Child Nursing at Cardiff University this week, and wanted to know what sort of questions were asked and how the day is set out?

The email states that I will be completing a Multi Mini Interview - not sure what that is! haha

Also, I see no mention of a maths or english exam, which have been mentioned by other universities!

If anyone can answer any of the questions, please do! I'm stressing out big time!

Lizzie x

ReputationRep:
    Hello, mine is on monday any feeback from last year?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys.

I know this is probably too late but I've been through the Cardiff interview twice and I can offer some help hopefully.
    Here are the basics:

-Cardiff has NO literacy or numeracy tests. You will have tests if you are given a place and start your nursing course there, but that will happen at whichever uni you go to to study nursing. But you will NOT have any tests on the interview day.

-MMI is multiple mini interviews. People joke its like speed dating. You'll have 6 different stations. You'll sit outside for 2 minutes (No less...no more. It is timed) Read what this station is about and then go into the station where you will have 5 minutes (Again, no less...no more) in a one on one interview style. When the 5 minutes is up, you move onto the next station and sit outside for 2 minutes etc.

-The day will start just by registration where you first go and give in your name etc.

-Then you are all taken to another room where youll be given a brief presentation about the interview process, the course at Cardiff, Cardiff as a city, funding & fees, etc

-Then you will be taken to you MMI along with 5 other students (There'll be 6 of you. One for each station)

-Once that is over, you will have a short debrief session where you will fill out an anonymous feedback form and be told when you can expect to hear back about whether or not you have an offer.

That is it. The interview itself lasts exactly 42 minutes (2 minutes outside, 5 minutes inside, and do that 6 times)

Good luck to anoyone who has interviews coming up

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.