Nice car.
    What do you do for a living mate?
    I run my own business as an electrical engineer in the catering industry
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mk7R.)
    Eggs benedict with tea and 4 custard creams
    I tip my fedora in your general direction.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by STEMisSuperior.)
    However fast it goes, you're not gonna pick up girls with a golf
    It's a pleasurable driving experience
    Only beta rejects go around trying to pick up girls who want them for their car and nothing else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by virgil1)
    Does it bother you that because of Leasing deals every single ned (chav) with more than 2p to their name seems to have a golf R.

Serious question - I was tempted by a S3 but was put off my the number of them and Rs about driven so badly it was clear they were leased, that and they're all white/red.
    Yeah true, but it's whatever, feels good to have earnt what I own

I live in a fairly small town and have only seen 2 others here.
    Mine is in lapiz blue and the other is too but has the alternative alloys, the other one is in white.

Days out in Manchester I have been random stop checked by the police because of all the wrongens that have a Golf R/A45 AMG etc over there and how common it is for them to get stolen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)
    Nooooo!

Does the Golf sound as good as the R32?
    Better imo
    Sounds amazing in race mode.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mk7R.)
    Better imo
    Sounds amazing in race mode.
    Niceeeeee!
    Never heard one at full pelt before so can't comment but I'll take your word for it

ReputationRep:
    1. Are you planning to get any mods / at least ECU tune?

2. What is it about the Golf that appeals to you?

3. If money isn't the problem, why not a RS3 or A45?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NX172)
    1. Are you planning to get any mods / at least ECU tune?

2. What is it about the Golf that appeals to you?

3. If money isn't the problem, why not a RS3 or A45?
    I loved the Golf R after test driving and knew it was the car I wanted. Doesn't perform as well as the others, but It's still amazing to drive and it's the most well rounded compromise imo.

I prefer the design as it's more subtle and doesn't scream boy racer as much as the A45.
    Had a Merc C220 saloon before this and as the designated driver I didn't want to get an overly sporty hatchback for days out with the fam
    I find that the interior is also much more refined and appealing. I dislike the centre console on the A-class and hate how the display is just a tablet stuck on top like an afterthought.
    I was considering the CLA 45 AMG instead. It was my fave for the longest time and I still love them, but they were a lot more pricier than I was willing to spend on a car.
    My Golf is fully loaded with 8k+ worth of extras and the RS3 was at least 10k more, not the worlds biggest Audi fan either. I have no regrets with the Golf.
    As for mods, the only thing I've altered is have the rear windows tinted. I've looked into exhaust systems etc but been pretty busy with work lately and don't have time to leave it with a garage.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.