Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking for really high grades at GCSE and I am willing to work hard, I didn't revise for my mock exams so I have no notes at all and it's february, how do I revise then, do I just copy out a text book or what ?? Help pls aha

ReputationRep:
    Give yourself time frames. Aim to have all of your notes done by Feb half term. Revise things in sections. Don't do too much in one day but don't be too slack at the same time.
    Starting with what you struggle with the most can be unmotivating so maybe start with topics that you are okay with and then carry.
    Have a check list of topics from the spec
    Get other family members to test you on things after you've learnt them.
    Revise in different setting so you dont feel as though you're in the same dreaded place (but make sure there are no distractions)
    Have a 10 minute break after every hour.
    Watch youtube videos if you aren't in the mood for reading a textbook, someone talking you through something can be just as useful.
    Most importantly drink plenty of water and get a decent night's sleep.
    Copying a text book is boring and you wont remember most of it. Make sure your notes are shorter and relevant. Use trigger words, for example, '1929' reminds you off the wall street crash, great depression is an effect. This way your notes are shorter but you know the information by memory.

Good luck with your exams

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

My advice is to do LOADS of past papers. However much you learn the content, you won't know what the exam is like unless you practice. Copying out a text book probably won't help - but reading it and then closing it and writing down what you remember from it might. Then do practice questions - its like playing an instrument - you can read up about how to play it as much as you like, but if you don't actually practice it, you won't get anywhere

Also, start revising now - I regret not starting revision earlier for my GCSEs...

Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rashri)
    Hey!

My advice is to do LOADS of past papers. However much you learn the content, you won't know what the exam is like unless you practice. Copying out a text book probably won't help - but reading it and then closing it and writing down what you remember from it might. Then do practice questions - its like playing an instrument - you can read up about how to play it as much as you like, but if you don't actually practice it, you won't get anywhere

Also, start revising now - I regret not starting revision earlier for my GCSEs...

Good Luck!
    Thanks a lot brother, I appreciate it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HomeworkHater)
    Give yourself time frames. Aim to have all of your notes done by Feb half term. Revise things in sections. Don't do too much in one day but don't be too slack at the same time.
    Starting with what you struggle with the most can be unmotivating so maybe start with topics that you are okay with and then carry.
    Have a check list of topics from the spec
    Get other family members to test you on things after you've learnt them.
    Revise in different setting so you dont feel as though you're in the same dreaded place (but make sure there are no distractions)
    Have a 10 minute break after every hour.
    Watch youtube videos if you aren't in the mood for reading a textbook, someone talking you through something can be just as useful.
    Most importantly drink plenty of water and get a decent night's sleep.
    Copying a text book is boring and you wont remember most of it. Make sure your notes are shorter and relevant. Use trigger words, for example, '1929' reminds you off the wall street crash, great depression is an effect. This way your notes are shorter but you know the information by memory.

Good luck with your exams
    Thanks a lot mate

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.