The Student Room Group

Anyone else too sensitive to date?

Just found out this guy who I liked after talking to for a bit has a girlfriend who is only 15 and pregnant from him (he's 24!!!!!). This was the first time I'd spoken to a guy in years (im 20) and now I'm back at square one of being closed off to protect myself. Anyone else the same? Not worth it!
Reply 1
First of all, that 24 year old impregnating a 15 year old is illegal... So not sure what exactly you're basing your sensitivity on?

Secondly, just find someone else.
Reply 2
Original post by UWS
First of all, that 24 year old impregnating a 15 year old is illegal... So not sure what exactly you're basing your sensitivity on?

Secondly, just find someone else.

How much time do you actually spend on this website? I see you everywhere. Thanks for your reply though
Original post by Anonymous
Just found out this guy who I liked after talking to for a bit has a girlfriend who is only 15 and pregnant from him (he's 24!!!!!). This was the first time I'd spoken to a guy in years (im 20) and now I'm back at square one of being closed off to protect myself. Anyone else the same? Not worth it!

Lucky escape.

What you can guarantee is that 100% you will end up alone if you never talk to anyone, but its safe.

Its part of the deal that people are different, some compatible others not, some nice, some not so nice. You can avoid the bad ones by experience and being smart, but whilst you find your feet there will be bumps. Everyone has to go through it. Not all guys are the same.

So ask yourself do you want to find a partner or stay alone and safe?
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
Lucky escape.

What you can guarantee is that 100% you will end up alone if you never talk to anyone, but its safe.

Its part of the deal that people are different, some compatible others not, some nice, some not so nice. You can avoid the bad ones by experience and being smart, but whilst you find your feet there will be bumps. Everyone has to go through it. Not all guys are the same.

So ask yourself do you want to find a partner or stay alone and safe?

Thanks for this <3 Think I'm just bitter because I've only had bad experiences. You're so right though :smile:
Thanks for this <3 Think I'm just bitter because I've only had bad experiences. You're so right though :smile:

I'm getting you to see. Ofc it was a shock, but just because you meet one bad apple doesnt mean all men are like that. It means lean from the experience, be careful who you trust and be firm on what you are looking for. When it turns out to be something else then move on. Everyone is in the same boat, but people try because they like the idea of companionship, friendship, love, sex. You are going to have some heartache, but you need to be just positive enough to make the effort and just protected enough so you dont get bruised too badly.

believe it or not there are sensitive guys out there as well just as worried.
Reply 6
Original post by 999tigger
I'm getting you to see. Ofc it was a shock, but just because you meet one bad apple doesnt mean all men are like that. It means lean from the experience, be careful who you trust and be firm on what you are looking for. When it turns out to be something else then move on. Everyone is in the same boat, but people try because they like the idea of companionship, friendship, love, sex. You are going to have some heartache, but you need to be just positive enough to make the effort and just protected enough so you dont get bruised too badly.

believe it or not there are sensitive guys out there as well just as worried.

Last time I liked a guy I was around 17 and some bad **** happened, decided again finally at 20 and this has happened. I know I can't wait another 3 years so I guess it's a good learning experience if anything. Hahahaha are you one? Cuz I've never found any!
Last time I liked a guy I was around 17 and some bad **** happened, decided again finally at 20 and this has happened. I know I can't wait another 3 years so I guess it's a good learning experience if anything. Hahahaha are you one? Cuz I've never found any!

Numbers game partly. I wouldnt be in too much rush, focus on liking yourself and gaining confidence. that can be attractive on its own and will make you happier in yourself. You are only just starting.
I understand. Every time I talk to guys, they open up to me and say things that put me right off from any potential date so consider it as a blessing that you know this now than finding out later when you're already attached to him.
How much time do you actually spend on this website? I see you everywhere. Thanks for your reply though

:rofl:
Original post by RosyPearl
I understand. Every time I talk to guys, they open up to me and say things that put me right off from any potential date so consider it as a blessing that you know this now than finding out later when you're already attached to him.

Yeah that's true. There was a guy who I met in a club, added him on snapchat and found out he was 27 and still worked in a retail job. Blocked! Sorry not sorry
Yeah that's true. There was a guy who I met in a club, added him on snapchat and found out he was 27 and still worked in a retail job. Blocked! Sorry not sorry

Haha good on you! Today this guy was having lunch with me and said he hates cleaning/Washing dishes when I told him I find it therapeutic, next thing he tells me girls aren't supposed to work when then have a man as the breadwinner..suffice to say I never saw him in the same light again!
Original post by RosyPearl
Haha good on you! Today this guy was having lunch with me and said he hates cleaning/Washing dishes when I told him I find it therapeutic, next thing he tells me girls aren't supposed to work when then have a man as the breadwinner..suffice to say I never saw him in the same light again!

Omg! What a ****ing piece of ****! Good on you! Get him out your life gurrrrlfriend!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending