The Student Room Group

Funny tinder test

Hi guys so i decided to test girls on tinder by making a profile of an attractive white male with a jaw line and another profile of an average looking male. The attractive white male got about 50 matches in about 10minutes while the average guy got about 3 matches. This test proves that no matter how you look you still have a chance guys. Also i'd like to point out that in these dating apps the women are extremely shallow so do not feel down if you don't get any matches. What are your thought on this people?

Scroll to see replies

Using anon to mess about won't absolve you of any responsibility. :rolleyes:
Reply 2
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Using anon to mess about won't absolve you of any responsibility. :rolleyes:

And if i wasnt anon what are you going to do? It's a free country i can do what i like. Who do you think you are lady? I already got a girlfriend this was just an interesting test i wanted to try out.
Original post by Anonymous
And if i wasnt anon what are you going to do? It's a free country i can do what i like. Who do you think you are lady? I already got a girlfriend this was just an interesting test i wanted to try out.

I wouldn't do anything.

Lol, someone telling you you're being a bit silly.
Reply 4
Or just don't use Tinder?
Reply 5
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
I wouldn't do anything.

Lol, someone telling you you're being a bit silly.

To be honest i've had a few people tell me how sad they were that on tinder they werent getting any matches. So i just wanted to do this test to prove to them that the girls on tinder are not what they deserve. I just think apps like these are playing with peoples minds too much and its sad.
Reply 6
You can't assess someone's personality on an app like that, that's why looks are more important when you use these apps to get dates.
Personally, I swiped right for guys with 'intriguing' bio more often than I did for super handsome guys.
To be honest i've had a few people tell me how sad they were that on tinder they werent getting any matches. So i just wanted to do this test to prove to them that the girls on tinder are not what they deserve. I just think apps like these are playing with peoples minds too much and its sad.

Ah okay.
Reply 8
Original post by Nottie
You can't assess someone's personality on an app like that, that's why looks are more important when you use these apps to get dates.
Personally, I swiped right for guys with 'intriguing' bio more often than I did for super handsome guys.

I truly commend you for that because women like you dont exist on these dating apps. I only used the app for about 15mins on each account and the attractive white guy was getting matches and messages every minute im not even kidding.
Reply 9
Original post by UWS
Or just don't use Tinder?

People find it easier to find a date on tinder rather then in real life because on tinder you know people are looking to date, it's a dating app.
Hi guys so i decided to test girls on tinder by making a profile of an attractive white male with a jaw line and another profile of an average looking male. The attractive white male got about 50 matches in about 10minutes while the average guy got about 3 matches. This test proves that no matter how you look you still have a chance guys. Also i'd like to point out that in these dating apps the women are extremely shallow so do not feel down if you don't get any matches. What are your thought on this people?

This 'test' proves nothing lol

Men are just as shallow as women
Reply 11
I truly commend you for that because women like you dont exist on these dating apps. I only used the app for about 15mins on each account and the attractive white guy was getting matches and messages every minute im not even kidding.

that was 15 minutes, you only got exposed to few girls.
If you selected VERY handsome picture, obviously you would get messages cause there aren't that many handsome lads using it. Back when I was single, I used tinder almost all the time and came across maybe 10-15 very handsome boys.
Reply 12
People find it easier to find a date on tinder rather then in real life because on tinder you know people are looking to date, it's a dating app.

Oh yes. But you said that people are extremely shallow; for people who don't have a great deal of confidence, Tinder probably isn't for them since their looks is what's more likely to be judged on.
Reply 13
Original post by UWS
Oh yes. But you said that people are extremely shallow; for people who don't have a great deal of confidence, Tinder probably isn't for them since their looks is what's more likely to be judged on.

if you aren't confident you will find it even harder to approach people in real life. Using an app is less scary than actually talking to people, even if that means your look will hold more value than it would in face-to-face encounter
Original post by Kravence
This 'test' proves nothing lol

Men are just as shallow as women

My friend was swiping right on overweight girls and yet he still wasnt getting matches. Guess what? When i was using the attractive white guy profile i was matching with these overweight girls in an instant. Now obviously guys are shallow as well but when it comes to tinder i'd have a different view.
Original post by UWS

Yeah but it plays in peoples mind, even though they know its shallow it won't stop them from trying it and then end up upsetting themselves. I think this whole tinder and dating app generation is such a mess.
Reply 16
Original post by Nottie
if you aren't confident you will find it even harder to approach people in real life. Using an app is less scary than actually talking to people, even if that means your look will hold more value than it would in face-to-face encounter

It's a fair point that you make here. I'm speaking from my perspective as I don't have much confidence but talking to girls via text is indeed less scary then talking to them in real life. However I think that if you had met online you wouldn't know that they were confident, so someone like me could potentially look like a muppet if we had met up and it would be a shock to them haha. Though if you had met in real life, at least they know what you are like instantly? :dontknow:
My friend was swiping right on overweight girls and yet he still wasnt getting matches. Guess what? When i was using the attractive white guy profile i was matching with these overweight girls in an instant. Now obviously guys are shallow as well but when it comes to tinder i'd have a different view.

So that contradicts what you said then:holmes: If a average guy can't get a match with a ugly girl then he has no chance.
but there's too many variables with tinder too such as the age range, area etc.

When I was 16-17 I was getting matches almost every time I logged in, Since I turned 18 I've only gotten like 4 matches :confused:

no sh.it einstein
Original post by Kravence
So that contradicts what you said then:holmes: If a average guy can't get a match with a ugly girl then he has no chance.
but there's too many variables with tinder too such as the age range, area etc.

When I was 16-17 I was getting matches almost every time I logged in, Since I turned 18 I've only gotten like 4 matches :confused:

He didnt think they were ugly he actually thought some of the overweight girls were cute.....

Quick Reply

Latest