Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by Drunk Punx)
    Not entirely true. My girlfriend spends most of her time in the flat naked, I don't think about her in a sexual way unless we're getting jiggy with it.

Anecdotal? Totes. But if I can look at my girlfriend, who I love with all my heart and think she is the most beautiful creature upon this earth (apart from the Venezuelan Poodle Moths, those guys are the business), whilst she is stark naked, and not want to immediately jump her bones (not to say that that doesn't happen, just that it doesn't happen perpetually)... then why would anyone want to do so to a total stranger who merely isn't wearing a bra?

Besides, the main point about freeing the nipple is highlighting a long-standing double-standard: a womans' nipple is inappropriate and must be covered, wherein a mans' nipple is not and can be shown. In other words, a man can go completely shirtless and nobody would bat an eyelid, a woman would go completely shirtless and eyebrows would be raised.

So the Free The Nipple campaign is a criticism on society. A female breast has no function other than to provide nourishment for offspring. The bit about it being sexy? That's all made up. We created it. You may find breasts sexy, I find breasts sexy, men and women all over the world find breasts sexy... but why? There's nothing about them that's inherently sexy, ergo, they cannot be considered socially inappropriate enough to warrant covering up.

Some men have boobs. Moobs innit. They don't get covered up. Why not? What's the difference between a guy with boobs and a woman with boobs other than what equipment they've got several inches below said boobs? And if the boobs are the issue, not what they've got between their legs, then why don't man boobs get covered up? So it seems as though this runs a bit deeper than simply the covering of a nipple, which is also what the FTN movement is protesting against.

There are people in various cultures on the planet that find the notion of breasts being sexy to be odd, so it's obviously not a human thing on a planetary scale... therefore it must be geographically social (I don't know if that phrase makes sense, but I'm sure you get my point).
    Personally, I find that quite interesting. And I'd very much like to know why breasts are considered sexy.
    I can't rep you enough. Your post presents exactly what I'm thinking. How come man boobs aren't obscene and inappropriate, but female boobs are? It's insane. INDEED WE CREATED THIS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TK_23)
    It's actually not that bad!
    #ittybittytittycomittee < where you at? :lol:
    Oh dear I wish I was a part of that community! Sigh...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    Besides, the main point about freeing the nipple is highlighting a long-standing double-standard: a womans' nipple is inappropriate and must be covered, wherein a mans' nipple is not and can be shown. In other words, a man can go completely shirtless and nobody would bat an eyelid, a woman would go completely shirtless and eyebrows would be raised.

So the Free The Nipple campaign is a criticism on society. A female breast has no function other than to provide nourishment for offspring. The bit about it being sexy? That's all made up. We created it. You may find breasts sexy, I find breasts sexy, men and women all over the world find breasts sexy... but why? There's nothing about them that's inherently sexy, ergo, they cannot be considered socially inappropriate enough to warrant covering up.
    I think that if it is OK for a man to be topless, such as on a beach, then it should be Ok for a woman to do so.

As for bras, I expect comfort and wishing to fit in with society are two reasons.

a have never worn one.lol

ReputationRep:
      EC

EC confirmed male called Eric who uses a voice changer.

jk
      • Political Ambassador

(Original post by KyleH123)
      EC

EC confirmed male called Eric who uses a voice changer.
      You're a moron.....

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by tamil fever)
      a have never worn one.lol
      lol same

ReputationRep:
      Nipple shows obvious arousal

like a boner.

ReputationRep:
      Why do women wear bras?

All women own a pair of hibernating hamsters which they need to keep warm by keeping them close to their chest, preferably in a bra....
      • Political Ambassador

(Original post by Yaboi)
      Nipple shows obvious arousal

like a boner.
      What's wrong with a boner?

ReputationRep:
      You don't want big bubbies flopping about.
      • Political Ambassador

(Original post by BlindingLight)
      Why not

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by EC)
      Why not
      Same reason you wouldn't want sosages flopping about.

ReputationRep:
      Erect nipples are a sign of arousal, things could get heated in the office.

not that I personally have a problem with that

ReputationRep:
      Tits are beautiful and shouldn't be hidden, end of story.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ||TheUnknown||)
      Will you be walking around with your bubbies out?

ReputationRep:
      Will you be walking around with your bubbies out?
      I don't think there should be a reason for me not to.

ReputationRep:
      So their boobs look bigger

ReputationRep:
      I don't think there should be a reason for me not to.
      Do it son
      • Political Ambassador

IT'S ART.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.