Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tamil fever)
    i asked bc i was gonna say since he's a guy ur a guy but that just sounds stupid after I think about it
    lol. true tbh I probably wouldn't have a profile picture of a female cause im a guy but whatever floats yer boat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirvana1989-1994)
    Support.

Walking and running, without one, is painful af.

Sagging is inevitable, with or without one.
    ...? painful HOW. They'd just bounce

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    What's wrong with a boner?
    Don't know

but neither can be shown in public.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    ...? painful HOW. They'd just bounce

Still painful haha.

ReputationRep:
    The same reason I wear trousers. So they don't look at my bum.
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by Anfanny)
    The same reason I wear trousers. So they don't look at my bum.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    myth: "...wearing a bra... has no medical necessity whatsoever", says Susan M. Love, M.D in her "Dr. Susan Love's Breast Book"

"while bras do give breasts support, they do not ultimately prevent your breasts from sagging. Gravity will eventually take its effect."

''Society has taught us that there is something a bit disgusting or wrong about breasts that aren't bound. When this kind of thinking has been pumped into you since day 1, it's obviously very difficult to overcome."

Breasts must be bound to be beautiful or normal? Boobs aren't indecent or obscene and everybody has nipples..
    Wear a bra so you don't knock yourself out when jumping or running. That's my logic

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by Andy98)
    Wear a bra so you don't knock yourself out when jumping or running. That's my logic

Posted from TSR Mobile

Let's wear a bra together ok?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    Let's wear a bra together ok?
    I don't have the boob problem though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prazzyjazzy)
    Ya but VS sizes are small AF. I bet they wouldn't have my size

Yes they will have your size, they have all sizes, just ask the sales assistants to pick them out for you.The changing rooms in Victoria's Secret were really nice, you should go in for a fitting, try on the bra's but don't buy any until you go to Primark first because I must admit even Primark bras were better than VS. At first I couldn't find the big sizes in Primark so I asked the sales assistant and she showed me where they are. I think she said to go to D-F for Double D, etc
    My sister is a G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Judge Jules)
    Yes they will have your size, they have all sizes, just ask the sales assistants to pick them out for you.The changing rooms in Victoria's Secret were really nice, you should go in for a fitting, try on the bra's but don't buy any until you go to Primark first because I must admit even Primark bras were better than VS. At first I couldn't find the big sizes in Primark so I asked the sales assistant and she showed me where they are. I think she said to go to D-F for Double D, etc
    My sister is a G
    There aren't any Rrimarks 'round here, but I'll check it out if I ever go to one lol. It shouldn't be difficult to find a C-D, but when you live in Asia and everyone is a A-B it's a pain in the ass. Same thing goes for jeans and shoes. Lots of short people so I can't find jeans long enough, and I raaarely find my shoe size. Ah, these first world problems eh?

ReputationRep:
    Unless you have an A or maybe B cup, I'd say bras are pretty essential for support and comfort when you're doing day to day stuff and especially if you're exercising. Trying to run without a bra can be really painful.

I also think bras help frame certain clothes and also stop nipples poking out or even being seen through certain tops.

I never sleep in a bra (drunken passing out aside!) but will 95% of the time wear one when I leave the house unless my top or dress has a built in one or isn't designed to be worn with a bra, or if I'm on holiday at the pool or beach.

I've just been re-measured for the first time in about 3 years and been told I am a 30G which is absurd (there's no way I'm that big) and annoying as I've been comfortably wearing 32D/DD for the past few years. It's annoying because nowhere makes nice bras in that size and especially not with the matching knickers (which I'm a bit OCD about). Definitely going to get measured again somewhere else!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bex94)
    Unless you have an A or maybe B cup, I'd say bras are pretty essential for support and comfort when you're doing day to day stuff and especially if you're exercising. Trying to run without a bra can be really painful.

I also think bras help frame certain clothes and also stop nipples poking out or even being seen through certain tops.

I never sleep in a bra (drunken passing out aside!) but will 95% of the time wear one when I leave the house unless my top or dress has a built in one or isn't designed to be worn with a bra, or if I'm on holiday at the pool or beach.

I've just been re-measured for the first time in about 3 years and been told I am a 30G which is absurd (there's no way I'm that big) and annoying as I've been comfortably wearing 32D/DD for the past few years. It's annoying because nowhere makes nice bras in that size and especially not with the matching knickers (which I'm a bit OCD about). Definitely going to get measured again somewhere else!
    Quite a few shops have now changed their measuring system, so they no longer add 4 to your chest measurement to get your size - this means lots of people have gone down a band size (or two) but up several cup sizes, as they're still calculated the same way. A 30G isn't massive, just reasonable sized boobs on a small frame. Try them and switch if they feel more comfortable, but if your old ones are still supportive then don't rush out to replace them all, just do it bit by bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Quite a few shops have now changed their measuring system, so they no longer add 4 to your chest measurement to get your size - this means lots of people have gone down a band size (or two) but up several cup sizes, as they're still calculated the same way. A 30G isn't massive, just reasonable sized boobs on a small frame. Try them and switch if they feel more comfortable, but if your old ones are still supportive then don't rush out to replace them all, just do it bit by bit.
    Thanks for this. How didn't I know about these changes?!!

I have to say, my old ones feel perfectly comfy on me and feel like they fit properly. I only got measured because I was offered whilst undie shopping. I'll probably stick with what I have for now as the chances of finding pretty 30G bras isn't looking favourable!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    Breasts slap painfully against the skin underneath when you move quickly. And the weight of the breast pulls on the ligaments. If the woman's cup is A or B there's not too much of an issue, but if you're a D..

I've never experienced pain.
    Pretty much answered your own question there.

Wish I had small boobies so I could #freethenipple :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HollyRowan)
    Pretty much answered your own question there.

Wish I had small boobies so I could #freethenipple :ahee:
    It'd be lovely to wear a vest top without a bra once in a while. As much as the support is needed, you can't beat taking a bra or bikini top off!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.