Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I aim to get into Leeds this year, however I'm a bit concerned about visiting home etc, anyone who goes there can you give me some knowledge surrounding the ways of getting to London from Leeds and vice versa. What if I wanted to make a late night trip?

ReputationRep:
    You can get the train directly from Leeds to London, ditto megabus and national express. Obviously coaches take longer.
    I don't know if I could be bothered to commute that distance for the sake of one night. But it's not a massively long distance in the grand scheme of things

ReputationRep:
    I'm at Leeds Uni and I travel to London a lot. Virgin Trains is your best bet, the trains are extremely frequent and take around 2 hours 15 mins. I would advise you to book in advance because they are very busy on the weekends. They go from Leeds Station which is in the city centre to Kings Cross. 1 way usually costs £15 at the cheapest, so a return is about £30, however you do need to book quite early in advance as the prices go up as the date gets closer. You can look up their website for rough ideas.

There's also the national express and the megabus, which are both coach services - I haven't used either but some of my friends have used the megabus, it takes about 4-5 hours to get to London and a single costs £5 so it's considerably cheaper if you're willing to give up a few hours.

If you are aged 16-25 you can get a National railcard which costs £30 a year and gives you a 1/3 off train journeys.

Hope I helped a bit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bbeSk)
    I aim to get into Leeds this year, however I'm a bit concerned about visiting home etc, anyone who goes there can you give me some knowledge surrounding the ways of getting to London from Leeds and vice versa. What if I wanted to make a late night trip?
    Getting from London to Leeds and back is roughly the same as getting the ring to the fires or Mordor.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.