sunday
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Hey, yup I know I'm thinking ahead but was wondering where's the best place for food shopping? Anywhere big within walking distance or is it going to be a bus job?
sox_y_z
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
There is a Tesco Metro in the city centre where you can get everyhting, but the only problem with it is, they don't have a lot of their own range food so can get quite expensive. There is a big Tesco at the end of Broad street (need to get a bus or a train to five ways) OR, there is Asda at Perry Barr which is really handy cos the bus goes from outside of uni, and drops you off outside uni too. Think ACRA may do trips to Asda too, possibly on a weds afternoon?

Oh and there is a small sainsburys in the city centre -sainsburys basics FTW
J4ME5
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by sox_y_z)
Oh and there is a small sainsburys in the city centre -sainsburys basics FTW
It's all about the sanisburys. . . If your shopping with friends etc, it’s fun to put random items in their basket
sunday
Rep:
?
lol ok as long as theres one in walking distance and a bigger one a bus away it's all good Ha... I really am planning everything!
lodzinski
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
how far away is the nearest food market?? (im assuming bullring) walking distance?
hannah_dru
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yay Sainsbury's! Thank you.
indy_punk
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by lodzinski)
how far away is the nearest food market?? (im assuming bullring) walking distance?
If you are talking about fresh produce being sold in little crates and lots of screaming small men there is one behind the bullring..its an open market BUT i think a lot of the sellers are whole sale ones..ull have to check.Good rates tho.

Also...shopping wise..theres a lil asian corner store across the street next to the chippy (ull all be famous with the chippy oh yes u will)..and the off license. And there are 2 campus shops...not really tht well stocked but if u need milk or bread and cant be bothered to walk into town its there.
hannah_dru
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Is there an Aldi or Lidl in B'ham?
lodzinski
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Bound to be - I would also hope that flats could get bulk buys on outers of stuff, big bags of rice/dried goods etc.
indy_punk
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Lidl on a bus...i think bus no. 67 tht takes u there to erdington. Its about 15mins away.
Lil Lee Lee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Take the 902, 904, 905 or 915 to Sutton Coldfield to Aldi - I think it's about 20 minutes or so, we only ever did it from Erdington
sunday
Rep:
?
(Original post by indy_punk)
If you are talking about fresh produce being sold in little crates and lots of screaming small men there is one behind the bullring..its an open market BUT i think a lot of the sellers are whole sale ones..ull have to check.Good rates tho.
Ha, that sounds well good! I'd never shop in a market at home but the bullring wasn't that far away, may have to check it out
sox_y_z
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
there's an Aldi (or maybe a Lidl not sure) on the way to Perry Barr. You can get the bus from across the road outside uni, 33 or something, oh and there's also a farmfoods there. And if you stay on the bus a bit longer, you get to one stop shopping centre which has a big Asda, and loads of other random cheapo shops
hannah_dru
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Thanks for all your help on Aldi/Lidl Love German supermarkets. Both of those do some lovely food.
indy_punk
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Dint know they were german O_o
hannah_dru
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
They are indeed. They're a lot harder to find in Germany though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (14)
6.73%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (116)
55.77%
No (78)
37.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed