Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Boyfriend doesn't want me to go on holiday Watch

I've put down a deposit for a holiday with my friends to go to Zante in July. It's a party island which is probably why he doesn't want me to go, but he has nothing to worry about. He went to Turkey with his friends last year and I didn't throw a fit.

I don't know if I'm being unreasonable? He pointed out that the friends I'm going with are all single, but does that really matter? If I wanted to cheat, I wouldn't wait until I was out of the country to do it. I know it's bothering him a lot because he brings it up all the time. Should I just cancel it?

ReputationRep:
    Don't let him stop you from going, he has no right.

ReputationRep:
    No **** him, hypocrites do my head in!

ReputationRep:
    Wait until you're at Zante then post a naked picture of yourself with a guy you just met, guaranteed your house will get burned down, claim the compensation and you're sorted for life.

ReputationRep:
    Don't cancel it! He went on a trip with his friends last year what's the difference?

And you're right if you were going to cheat you'd just do it here

The issue is how much he trusts you, not you going away with your friends...his issue not yours

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    HMMMMMMMM maybe he doesn't want you to go on holiday because he done some things in turkey which he fears you will do too if you get what i mean

ReputationRep:
    This is his problem, not yours. He needs to find a way to be ok with it - he can't stop you going on a holiday.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've put down a deposit for a holiday with my friends to go to Zante in July. It's a party island which is probably why he doesn't want me to go, but he has nothing to worry about. He went to Turkey with his friends last year and I didn't throw a fit.

I don't know if I'm being unreasonable? He pointed out that the friends I'm going with are all single, but does that really matter? If I wanted to cheat, I wouldn't wait until I was out of the country to do it. I know it's bothering him a lot because he brings it up all the time. Should I just cancel it?
    He's being unreasonable, not you. It can't be one rule for him and another for you, that's not a good foundation to build a relationship on! At the end of the day he either trusts you or he doesn't, and if the former, then there's absolutely no reason he shouldn't want you to go.
    • TSR Support Team

(Original post by Anonymous)

Well considering he went on a holiday, he has absolutely no right to stop you. He sounds very controlling and possessive to be honest. Stand your ground, put your foot down and tell him you are going whether he likes it or not.

Okay, i'll still go. I saw on his laptop that he had searched on Google "what is there to do in Zante"

(Original post by Dat Tall Guy)
    Wait until you're at Zante then post a naked picture of yourself with a guy you just met, guaranteed your house will get burned down, claim the compensation and you're sorted for life.
    Haha he'll kill me

ReputationRep:
    Loool who needs a boyfriend?
    Smh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    He seems unreasonable to me. Your friends will probably be friends long after any relationship with him.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 6, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.