Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    OK. So I've been with my boyfriend about 18 months. I'm 19, he's 24.
    We met at work and things went pretty quick - I moved in with him after about 7 months of spending most of my time there (it wasn't out of choice).
    I stayed there for about 9 months before moving out for various reasons, but we don't see much of each other.

I'm really not into it anymore, and haven't been for a few weeks. We never argue (mainly because if I moan, he'll just brush it off - if he moans, he gets it out of his system straight away so brushes off any response!)... as far as he knows, we're all fine (I don't know how he hasn't got any of my hints?!?!)

How do I stop him and go "you know how we've been totally fine, and not argued... well this isn't going how I want it to..."?!

HELP PLEASE!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Him not arguing with you is a good thing surely? The signs of sensible man...

You just need to be up front then. If you're not interested in the relationship anymore you do need to tell him that to his face.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MNITJC)
    OK. So I've been with my boyfriend about 18 months. I'm 19, he's 24.
    We met at work and things went pretty quick - I moved in with him after about 7 months of spending most of my time there (it wasn't out of choice).
    I stayed there for about 9 months before moving out for various reasons, but we don't see much of each other.

I'm really not into it anymore, and haven't been for a few weeks. We never argue (mainly because if I moan, he'll just brush it off - if he moans, he gets it out of his system straight away so brushes off any response!)... as far as he knows, we're all fine (I don't know how he hasn't got any of my hints?!?!)

How do I stop him and go "you know how we've been totally fine, and not argued... well this isn't going how I want it to..."?!

HELP PLEASE!
    what exactly do you want

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Him not arguing with you is a good thing surely? The signs of sensible man...

You just need to be up front then. If you're not interested in the relationship anymore you do need to tell him that to his face.
    I understand I need to speak to him about it, and I understand it needs to be face to face... I just don't know how to best approach it?

At mine? At his? Do I say "we need to have a chat, come round" or do I wait until he's here before I drop the bombshell? I just don't know how best to do it

ReputationRep:
    text message

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nerry)
    text message
    If you have the maturity level of a 12 year old.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.