Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi quite new to this so...
    My exams are in the summer of course and I'm getting very anxious about the exams.
    I had mocks but they were bad so I'm losing faith but tbh idnt do much prep😞.Im a higher tier student looking for advise plz😁
    Thx in advance<

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _TonnnyBoyy)
    My exams are in the summer of course and I'm getting very anxious about the exams.
    I had mocks but they were bad so I'm losing faith but tbh idnt do much prep😞.Im a higher tier student looking for advise plz😁
    Thx in advance<
    Its only GCSE, you only have to do well if you want to go to oxford or cambridge.
    Just do well enough to get into your a levels

ReputationRep:
    Thx in advance<
    Hi there!

I think you're in the same position as me tbh! I didn't revise for my mocks a few months ago and was disappointed by my results even though I barely revised. I too am losing faith but I constantly tell myself to just keep revising and working for the next few months and then I'll have 3 months to just relax!

1. Try to manage your time and take structured breaks.
    2. Make sure no one interrupts you when you are in the flow of working/making notes. (I haven't even made half my notes!)
    3. Put up some motivational quotes where you can see them often.
    4. Keep telling yourself that by working hard now, it will give you a better chance of getting into a good sixth form/college.

I really hope this helps and good luck with your exams! X

ReputationRep:
    I have been wrking and revising,it's just that it's on my mind and, I feel like after getting bad grades in my mock exams I might get the same in the real ones.
    Thnks for your answer

ReputationRep:
    I have been wrking and revising,it's just that it's on my mind and, I feel like after getting bad grades in my mock exams I might get the same in the real ones.
    Thnks for your answer
    Hey, don't worry because you still have time to pull up your socks! Just set a revision timetable and if you're not too good at sticking to specific times (like me), then just note down which subjects you will do on which day. Make sure to prioritise the subjects you struggle with (for me that would be science ).

Trust me, if you continue to work even harder just for these next few months, your work will pay off and it will show in your to-be awesome grades! Plus, if your grades were all really good like A*'s ands 9's, then you may become slack and think that you'll get those grades in the real exams with no extra work! So at least now you know what you need to improve on and which areas to focus on most! X

Sorry for the long answers lol!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.