Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping to study law in university in further education 😊. I'm predicted 7-8 (new gcse grades) in all the below, and I enjoy them all equally. What would be my best 4 options to take? Can anyone give their experiences on any of the subjects? Are any easier, harder or more respected than the others? Sorry if I'm cramming too many questions in one 😂.

-French
    -History
    -Geography
    -Religous Studies
    -Music
    -Triple Science

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pang13)
    I'm hoping to study law in university in further education 😊. I'm predicted 7-8 (new gcse grades) in all the below, and I enjoy them all equally. What would be my best 4 options to take? Can anyone give their experiences on any of the subjects? Are any easier, harder or more respected than the others? Sorry if I'm cramming too many questions in one 😂.

-French
    -History
    -Geography
    -Religous Studies
    -Music
    -Triple Science
    Great predicted grades! I can give you some info on the ones of those I studied:

Triple Science- very glad I took this actually, enjoyed all the courses and now take chemistry and biology to a level!

Geography- gcse is great and not too bad if you have a good memory and practise questions

French- I did Spanish but I'm sure it's similar. My school made us take a language but I think a language is a good gcse to have but only take it if you really like it as I've heard the new gcse is a lot harder

RS- was ok, again school made me take this. Wasn't my favourite subject nor my least favourite.

Personally for GCSE just pick subjects you like as they are the ones you will do best in. Don't think law has any specific GCSE subject requirements except maths and English at certain grades so no need to worry at this stage about specific subjects. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Dump music and french

ReputationRep:
    Dump religious studies as it is completely unrelated to Law and I think universities aren't too amazed by it. But it is a really easy subject to handle and learn only grade boundaries are high as you can even use common sense in the exam.
    You might want to keep French as some universities require you to have a qualification in another languages and some just like students knowing another language.

DO NOT CHOOSE MUSIC, WORST CHOICE YOU WILL EVER MAKE AS THE EXAM IS REALLY BORING AMD TOUGH BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO LEARN BACKGROUND INFORMATION ON 12 CLASSICAL SONGS FROM WHICH 2 WILL COME AS 10 MARK QUESTIONS. TRUST ME ITS USELESS DO NOT CHOOSE IT!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

-French
    -History
    -Geography
    -Religous Studies
    -Music
    -Triple Science
    Hi!

Out of those subjects, I took French, History, RS (short course), Music and Triple Science (but I took the old GCSEs).

I would definitely recommend taking Triple Science, as it leaves many options open for further education if you later decide against Law. I know many people at my school who wanted to take Law took History, but I think then it depends on what you enjoy. Also, the new Music spec is more interesting than what mine was (this is for Edexcel), but only take music if you find it interesting.

I found French easy, but I understand that the new spec is harder. I would also say that taking one language and one humanities subject is best for leaving all uni options open

ReputationRep:

-French
    -History
    -Geography
    -Religous Studies
    -Music
    -Triple Science
    Hey there,
    I've read everyone else's answers here (since I didn't do A-Levels hahahahaha), so I've going to offer something a little different in regards to mind-set. Instead of asking about which subjects to do in regards to difficulty and so on, why don't you ask yourself which subjects are going to get you where you want to go in life? For me, I would be looking at the long-term game, which of those subjects are going to get me where I want to be and which ones will require more effort from me in order to achieve it. If there's a subject within those options that doesn't really matter to the future (employment or entrepreneurship for example) then personally I wouldn't do it, but obviously this all depends on you and what you want. I hope that puts a different slant on it and helps bud. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I'd definetly go with Triple Science, French and History. These will be amazing subjects for law and hopefully will equip you with all the essential skills to study it. Then I'd say your fourth choice is up to you. Bear in mind that Geography is facilitating while RS and Music aren't, but they are all well regarded and will be looked upon favourably. To be honest, you could put those options into a random generator and whichever combination it came up with would be fine as those are wonderful subjects. At the end of the day, just pick what you love Good luck and I hope this has helped.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.