Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can someone please explain to me the difference between seeing someone / dating / etc Watch

Hi everyone,

I'm completely NEW to dating. Never dated anyone in my life. So i download Tinder, get talking to a nice guy and add him on fb. Find out he's sleeping with other girls. Kind of shocked me but yeno I don't know the ways. So what normallly happens? (for guys) do they sleep with a bunch of girls then eventually filter them down to one or something? And what does it mean when people say 'I'm seeing ___'? I'm really clueless....

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    "Seeing someone" just means that you're dating someone and are interested in them but aren't serious enough to be in an actual relationship, it's casual and basically means someone can date multiple people at the same time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi everyone,

I'm completely NEW to dating. Never dated anyone in my life. So i download Tinder, get talking to a nice guy and add him on fb. Find out he's sleeping with other girls. Kind of shocked me but yeno I don't know the ways. So what normallly happens? (for guys) do they sleep with a bunch of girls then eventually filter them down to one or something? And what does it mean when people say 'I'm seeing ___'? I'm really clueless....

Thanks
    Seeing someone is seeing a friend.
    Dating is going out on a regular basis with an even closer friend who could be a life partner if all works out.
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi everyone,

Thanks
    1. Tinder is an app which is notorious for people who are just looking to sleep with other people.

2. People lie especially if they want sex.

3. Early interactions means they are free to talk to other people because there is no agreement.

4.You are free to date or see other people until you agree with the other person its mutually exclusive i.e serious enough that you will only see them. That's the beginning of proper dating. Some people prefer casual dating (open to see multiple people) until they get to this stage others prefer one at a time.

5. You can choose to date someone who only dates one person at a time, even casually. That is entirely your choice. If you sleep with them before they are mutually exclusive and have been checked then use protection and think you are being exposed to any sexual diseases her or the unknowns he is sleeping with have.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 6, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.