Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Work colleague is on a campaign to let me know He doesn't fancy me Watch

ReputationRep:
    He started off flirting and then after a few days
    he has been on a campaign to let me know he isn't interested. 'Forgetting' meetings he has with me, forgetting social events I will be at, forgetting my surname (all of which I knew he knew as they were in his diary). Making jokes that I'm a ****. When I'm talking to him alone all he does is go on about how hot our mutual work colleagues are. If we're alone together he is so uncomfortable and will play music so he doesn't have to speak to me. At social events he will flirts with women right in front of me to show me he doesn't like me and to avoid being alone with me.

He's added me on Facebook but I deleted him as he's so rude at work I don't see why I would want to be in contact out of it!

He clearly think I'm in love with him but I don't see how he can have come to that conclusion. It's so irritating.

am I right to think that's why he is the way he is?
    And would it be a bit mean of me to block him on Facebook and forget he exists?

Mutual friend think it is but he's just horrid! Why is he on this campaign to let me know he's not interested when I never said he was?

ReputationRep:
    Although I've obviously not met the man, he sounds pretty full of himself. I'd think nothing of it and ignore him back. I won't bother blocking him because the chances of him trying to add you again are low if he's going out of his way to avoid you.

I would like to enforce this though - maybe he's trying to let you know where you stand (i.e. I'm not interested in you) but he's taking it too far without realising? Either way, doesn't sound like you're missing an awful lot.

ReputationRep:
    He already made a big issue of me deleting him of Facebook. Wants me to know he's not interested but still wants my attention I guess. Absolutely grade A idiot

ReputationRep:
    If he's already made the whole unfriending thing a big issue I wouldn't block him or he'll start whining to everyone about what a bad person you are. Although this may not matter in most circumstances, because this is work and it should be professional, the less he has to talk about the better.

If he wants your attention he could be juvenile and might be trying the whole 'playing hard to get' thing. God, I would avoid him at all costs if it turns out this is the case, haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShannyMorrison)
    Although I've obviously not met the man, he sounds pretty full of himself. I'd think nothing of it and ignore him back. I won't bother blocking him because the chances of him trying to add you again are low if he's going out of his way to avoid you.

I would like to enforce this though - maybe he's trying to let you know where you stand (i.e. I'm not interested in you) but he's taking it too far without realising? Either way, doesn't sound like you're missing an awful lot.
    Very well put! I second this.

Banana
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Mezza362)
    He started off flirting and then after a few days
    he has been on a campaign to let me know he isn't interested. 'Forgetting' meetings he has with me, forgetting social events I will be at, forgetting my surname (all of which I knew he knew as they were in his diary). Making jokes that I'm a ****. When I'm talking to him alone all he does is go on about how hot our mutual work colleagues are. If we're alone together he is so uncomfortable and will play music so he doesn't have to speak to me. At social events he will flirts with women right in front of me to show me he doesn't like me and to avoid being alone with me.

He's added me on Facebook but I deleted him as he's so rude at work I don't see why I would want to be in contact out of it!

He clearly think I'm in love with him but I don't see how he can have come to that conclusion. It's so irritating.

am I right to think that's why he is the way he is?
    And would it be a bit mean of me to block him on Facebook and forget he exists?

Mutual friend think it is but he's just horrid! Why is he on this campaign to let me know he's not interested when I never said he was?
    His behaviour sounds unprofessional. You have to decide how deliberate this campaign is and how much of it is being carried on at work. You then have to decide whether you want to tell work , but you will need evidence.

Whether or not he flirts with work colleagues is irrelevant.

No need to have him on facebook or any form of social media.

If he is rude and misses meetings, so its a pattern then its impairing your work.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.