Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do I need to work out my back? Watch

ReputationRep:
    At the moment I do a mix of weight training and cardio... I train every part of my body except my back. Should I start doing this, or will it take care of itself?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    yes u should train your back. The posterior side of the body is much more important so don't neglect your back and hamstrings

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry Bird)
    yes u should train your back. The posterior side of the body is much more important so don't neglect your back and hamstrings
    I can already tell you skip calves

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NoahMal)
    I can already tell you skip calves
    lol they are not worth training

ReputationRep:
    Yes always!

Pull ups, rows (inverted), back extensions, arch holds are great to work your back, upper to lower.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Yes you should.
    All of that suggested above and also do facepulls for upper back (for all the neglected stuff). Also do an exercise for serratus anterior and you'll be good

ReputationRep:
    Back day every day

DORIAN YATES BARN DOOR FREAKY BABY
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FattyHater)
    Back day every day

DORIAN YATES BARN DOOR FREAKY BABY
    Repped for Jason Genova reference

It reppining

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the replies! Did my first proper back workout a few days ago...wish I hadn't neglected it for so long!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.