Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hair gone from really naturally thick to really fine? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I don't know when this really happened, somewhere in the space of the last few years, and I've just started noticing it more when I plait my hair, even my mum said that all of a sudden I've got much thinner hair than I used to. I'm only 18, so I have no idea why this has happened??? Is there any way of getting my hair back to the way it was or am I stuck with fine hair for now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danuuutka)
    I don't know when this really happened, somewhere in the space of the last few years, and I've just started noticing it more when I plait my hair, even my mum said that all of a sudden I've got much thinner hair than I used to. I'm only 18, so I have no idea why this has happened??? Is there any way of getting my hair back to the way it was or am I stuck with fine hair for now?
    Hair loss or Hair thinness can be cause by many things. It could either be a genetic issue or a life style issue. If it is a genetic issue you could go and seek help from many sources such as pharmacies which have special treatments for genetic causes concerning Hair. If it is a life style problem you will have to change a few habits of yours. Causes can be anything from unhealthy diet or too little exercise.
    Even the way you take care of your Hair can affect this, If you wash it too little or too much can be bad. since the regulation of natural oils excreted by your hair is disturbed.

Hope this helps
    If you need futher advice just let me know.

ReputationRep:
    the only things that cause thin hair is old age,diet,smoking and dying your hair too often. use oils to thicken your hair

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.