Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Whos got vetting interview dates for raf pti 2017? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ctayyy)
    Haha! Confused! 3.4 good score. How many passed on yours?
    Me and one other with a score of 2.8.

How about yours?

Also, how many have there been so far?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lfc1990)
    Me and one other with a score of 2.8.

How about yours?

Also, how many have there been so far?
    I think .... think..... there has been 6... 2 more to go... could be wrong though. 2 of us on ours got 3.2 some others got 2.8/9's I think...

ReputationRep:
    I think .... think..... there has been 6... 2 more to go... could be wrong though. 2 of us on ours got 3.2 some others got 2.8/9's I think...
    I did mine on 25-27th Jan. How many were there before that? Trying to work it out 🙈. 4 passed on 23-25th Jan but don't know their scores.

ReputationRep:
    I passed on the vetting 8th - 10th Feb, got 3.0, which puts me 10th place out of 16 potential PTis for the course. 6 of us passed with a score to put us in a good position, but its going to be VERY tight as everyone is hitting around the 3.0-3.6 scores, so very competitive!

ReputationRep:
    Did they tell you it put you in 10th place then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex-clare)
    I passed on the vetting 8th - 10th Feb, got 3.0, which puts me 10th place out of 16 potential PTis for the course. 6 of us passed with a score to put us in a good position, but its going to be VERY tight as everyone is hitting around the 3.0-3.6 scores, so very competitive!
    What did the others get that passed if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    What did the others get that passed if you don't mind me asking?
    I got a score of 3.0, and 5 others with something like 2.9, 3.0, 3.2, 3.2, 3.4 and a 3.6!

ReputationRep:
    Did they tell you it put you in 10th place then?
    Yes, with my 3.0 it put me in the leader board of top 16 at 10th place. So, if 6 people score higher than me (3.1+) then Ill get bumped out of the 16! Its literally that brutal. Whens your vetting?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, with my 3.0 it put me in the leader board of top 16 at 10th place. So, if 6 people score higher than me (3.1+) then Ill get bumped out of the 16! Its literally that brutal. Whens your vetting?
    Wow!! I had mine already and got 3.4. Well nervous!

ReputationRep:
    Wow!! I had mine already and got 3.4. Well nervous!
    I did mine in start of Feb too. 2 of us got 3.2.
    I was 7th/8th I believe.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know when we should hear by for the final 16 and any news on any more vettings to come. Looks like a high score 3.2+ is needed to be successful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rashc90)
    Anyone know when we should hear by for the final 16 and any news on any more vettings to come. Looks like a high score 3.2+ is needed to be successful.
    That's mental! What did you get?

ReputationRep:
    That's mental! What did you get?
    2.9, I'm expecting the bad news already prepearing a revisit to Cosford

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think it's 3.2 or higher now to get in! My educated guess would be something like this

Top 16

1-3 are around 3.6-3.7
    4-6 are 3.4-3.5
    7-10 are round 3.1-3.3
    11-16 are 3.0s

2 more vettings in March then that's it.

We find out in mid March. Keep ringing your AFCOs in March time and pester for results. But this is a very close and competive series of vettings. When I got my result (3.0), one of the PTIs at Cosford said that if I would have come on the last lot of vettings, I would be top 5! And that was with only a 3.0!!! A guy on my vetting got a 3.6!

I would say if you didn't get 3.0+, I would t hold ya breath! Savage as it sounds, it's just because it's so close, loads of 3.0s and 3.2's, with 2 more vettings to go!

Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    So what kind of scores and times have people been getting on the individual tests?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think it's 3.2 or higher now to get in! My educated guess would be something like this

Top 16

1-3 are around 3.6-3.7
    4-6 are 3.4-3.5
    7-10 are round 3.1-3.3
    11-16 are 3.0s

2 more vettings in March then that's it.

We find out in mid March. Keep ringing your AFCOs in March time and pester for results. But this is a very close and competive series of vettings. When I got my result (3.0), one of the PTIs at Cosford said that if I would have come on the last lot of vettings, I would be top 5! And that was with only a 3.0!!! A guy on my vetting got a 3.6!

I would say if you didn't get 3.0+, I would t hold ya breath! Savage as it sounds, it's just because it's so close, loads of 3.0s and 3.2's, with 2 more vettings to go!

Good luck everyone!
    I don't even feel confident and I got a 3.2!!! No clue what so ever!

ReputationRep:
    I don't even feel confident and I got a 3.2!!! No clue what so ever!
    Well, we will find out in 2 weeks time!

I think that last 2 are

6th-8th March
    8th-10th March

So start pestering your AFCO from the 13th for results!!

ReputationRep:
    Well, we will find out in 2 weeks time!

I think that last 2 are

6th-8th March
    8th-10th March

So start pestering your AFCO from the 13th for results!!
    scaryyyyyy!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maxb015)
    Yeah I have mine on the 6th of march.
    How did it go? How many people passed?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah two of us passed it, they said theres 19 so far who have passed and they are looking for top 16 .

Still on more vetting to go

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 3, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.