Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cjfo1993)
    Hey everyone! I came across this forum as I am waiting for dates for my vetting and was wondering if anyone had any advice and how they score you?

I've heard you have to get 13.2 on the bleep test to at least get a 3 mark? :/

If anyone has any advice on the interview as in what they ask you ect and what you do on the leadership aspect of the vetting I would be extremely grateful!
    Hey, yes they will look at your bleep test score. They rank everythig out of 4 (13.2 will get you 3/4).

Interview is simple enough as long as you do your research and actually prepare for it.

Leadership, you get given a sport (random out of 5) you must instruct. Looking at taking control, making it enjoyable etc..

ReputationRep:
    So bleep test 13.2 is vital then for a pass really? got any advice on how to train for it? just do it until you get that score or mix continuous/interval training?

will it be like the first interview where they ask about bases, aircrafts , nato and then stuff about yourself?

aw okay nothing really you can plan for that then just gotta wing it on the day haha

Thanks for replying so soon!

(Original post by Maxb015)
    Hey, yes they will look at your bleep test score. They rank everythig out of 4 (13.2 will get you 3/4).

Interview is simple enough as long as you do your research and actually prepare for it.

Leadership, you get given a sport (random out of 5) you must instruct. Looking at taking control, making it enjoyable etc..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cjfo1993)
    So bleep test 13.2 is vital then for a pass really? got any advice on how to train for it? just do it until you get that score or mix continuous/interval training?

will it be like the first interview where they ask about bases, aircrafts , nato and then stuff about yourself?

aw okay nothing really you can plan for that then just gotta wing it on the day haha

Thanks for replying so soon!
    The interview is more about YOU...they want to find out want you're like as a person and your not just a robot and boring! Sell yourself as best you can....but don't be arrogant...find the fine line...

Learn everything you can about Phase 1 (Basic Training) and Phase 2 (Cosford...12 module course).

Alex

ReputationRep:
    Whos got vetting interview dates for raf pti 2017?
    im going in August. Second go for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vics 21)
    im going in August. Second go for me
    Ahh nice, its my second attempt july 26th , i passed last time, but had a lung infection lol!

ReputationRep:
    Ahh nice, its my second attempt july 26th , i passed last time, but had a lung infection lol!
    How come you have to do it again if you passed :-/

ReputationRep:
    How come you have to do it again if you passed :-/
    Soo basically, they give you a rank out of 4.

If 40 people go for it. They were taking the top 16 people. So I got and overall score of 3/4 and the top 16 was 3.3 or higher

ReputationRep:
    Soo basically, they give you a rank out of 4.

If 40 people go for it. They were taking the top 16 people. So I got and overall score of 3/4 and the top 16 was 3.3 or higher
    So hopefully with no lung infection you should get a high enough score to be accepted :-).

ReputationRep:
    So hopefully with no lung infection you should get a high enough score to be accepted :-).
    Haha thats the plan XD fingers crossed though! Good luck to you

ReputationRep:
    Haha thats the plan XD fingers crossed though! Good luck to you
    Thank you :-) Let me know how you get on :-)

ReputationRep:
    Have you been given another vetting date seeing as though the 26th vetting was cancelled?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloggsy)
    Have you been given another vetting date seeing as though the 26th vetting was cancelled?

Hey, yeah I mine was moved to the 30th of august.

ReputationRep:
    I've not been told its cancelled :-/

ReputationRep:
    I've not been told its cancelled :-/ When did you hear that ?

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been given one yet and was meant to be on it today? Vics when is your vetting date?

ReputationRep:
    I've not been told its cancelled :-/
    Its only for the peeps that were going on the 26th of july, due to the pool being out of order. You guys will be still good

ReputationRep:
    Its only for the peeps that were going on the 26th of july, due to the pool being out of order. You guys will be still good
    When did you get told it was cancelled? Hopefully I won't have to wait long for the next one

ReputationRep:
    Yes just realised mine is 21st Aug 🙈

ReputationRep:
    When did you get told it was cancelled? Hopefully I won't have to wait long for the next one
    I got told on like the 23rd, is it your first attempt?

ReputationRep:
    I got told on like the 23rd, is it your first attempt?
    Quite late as well then! Yea it's my first attempt

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 3, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.