Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    I am a sixth form student who is currently working on a project that is focused on freedom of speech in the UK.
    Part of my project is focused on university safe spaces as they have been appearing in the news a lot lately.

If you are unaware of the debate surrounding these safe spaces, they have recently been criticise by many people for infringing on our freedom of speech. An example of this infringement include rejecting controversial speakers.

Although I have my own opinions on safe spaces, I am really keen on getting to hear other people's opinions, especially current university students who may have come across safe space environments.
    Therefore, I have created a quick survey on survey monkey in regards to safe spaces and freedom of speech, so that I can create some of my own statistics.

The survey is anonymous and should only take a couple of minutes. However, I would love to have a few detailed answers as well so if anyone is really passionate about this then feel free to state your opinions. Moreover, it would be recommended that you have some knowledge of the debate as it would be difficult to answer the survey otherwise.

Confidentiality- If you are willing to comment your opinion, please keep in mind that I may include it in my project. Although this project isn't likely to go further than my teacher, if you feel uncomfortable with your opinion being shared then please refrain from commenting.

Finally, I would just like to apologise for the unsophisticated style of the survey. I created it in a matter of minutes so I'm sorry if there are any spelling, punctuation or grammar mistakes.

Link below:
    https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/NFBYK9T

ReputationRep:
    Can you do mine in return? its on email marketing influencing buying behaviour and takes less than 5 mins! https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/3T7WHZH

(Original post by chickennuggt)
    Hi!
    I am a sixth form student who is currently working on a project that is focused on freedom of speech in the UK.
    Part of my project is focused on university safe spaces as they have been appearing in the news a lot lately.

If you are unaware of the debate surrounding these safe spaces, they have recently been criticise by many people for infringing on our freedom of speech. An example of this infringement include rejecting controversial speakers.

Although I have my own opinions on safe spaces, I am really keen on getting to hear other people's opinions, especially current university students who may have come across safe space environments.
    Therefore, I have created a quick survey on survey monkey in regards to safe spaces and freedom of speech, so that I can create some of my own statistics.

The survey is anonymous and should only take a couple of minutes. However, I would love to have a few detailed answers as well so if anyone is really passionate about this then feel free to state your opinions. Moreover, it would be recommended that you have some knowledge of the debate as it would be difficult to answer the survey otherwise.

Confidentiality- If you are willing to comment your opinion, please keep in mind that I may include it in my project. Although this project isn't likely to go further than my teacher, if you feel uncomfortable with your opinion being shared then please refrain from commenting.

Finally, I would just like to apologise for the unsophisticated style of the survey. I created it in a matter of minutes so I'm sorry if there are any spelling, punctuation or grammar mistakes.

Link below:
    https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/NFBYK9T

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by euan123)
    Can you do mine in return? its on email marketing influencing buying behaviour and takes less than 5 mins! https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/3T7WHZH
    Yeah of course!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chickennuggt)

Yes, I think when conducting research you might want to provide neutral definitions of your terms. Perhaps...

If you are unaware of the debate surrounding these safe spaces, they are intended to ensure inclusivity on campus but have recently been criticised by many people in some quarters as infringing on our freedom of speech. An example of this claimed infringement is the rejecting of controversial speakers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambio wechsel)
    Yes, I think when conducting research you might want to provide neutral definitions of your terms. Perhaps...

If you are unaware of the debate surrounding these safe spaces, they are intended to ensure inclusivity on campus but have recently been criticised by many people in some quarters as infringing on our freedom of speech. An example of this claimed infringement is the rejecting of controversial speakers.
    Yes I agree, I should have payed more attention to the definining the debate and making it impartial.
    I'm afraid rushing to get it finished made me forget about such things.

ReputationRep:
    Done! Please could you also do mine? Its on social anxiety and takes around 10 minutes, id really appreciate it

https://brookeshls.co1.qualtrics.com...C 5al61ojciFZ65
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    I understand the idea behind them, but anyone who feels they need them won't cope in the real world. Contraversial views aren't always wrong, they should be treat like any other view.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They should be banned. If you can't handle hearing things you disagree with unless you're surrounded by play-doh, leave university. Go home. It'll be nicer for the rest of us.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.