What do you want to know?
    everything

(Original post by the bear)
    everything
    ask me something and i'll tell you
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Anonymous)
    How do I seem more drawn by looks? I have mentioned her looks once
    What else is drawing you to her? Its Tinder. Meet her or dont meet her, even if she is just a waitress in your eyes.

ReputationRep:
    I think the point is that lotsofbitsofpaperwithqualificati onsonthem =/= intelligence

ReputationRep:
    apart from waitresses what other professions should we avoid ?

(Original post by Reality Check)
    I think the point is that lotsofbitsofpaperwithqualificati onsonthem =/= intelligence
    I get that but even the way she writes messages and the things she says make her seem quite immature

(Original post by 999tigger)
    What else is drawing you to her? Its Tinder. Meet her or dont meet her, even if she is just a waitress in your eyes.
    She seems like a nice person, yeah it was looks initially since she didn't have a bio but when talking she just seems like a nice person.

apart from waitresses what other professions should we avoid ?
    I'm not telling you to avoid professions I just used her job as a way of saying she doesn't seem really intelligent, its not the only thing that makes me think that.

ReputationRep:
    I get that but even the way she writes messages and the things she says make her seem quite immature
    I understand that you can only make a judgement at the moment on what you read, and it's not unreasonable of you to do that. What would be unreasonable, however, would be if you were to just leave it there, without going on to meet her and make a full judgement of her once you were in possession of all the facts. Yes, you might be right - you might meet her and she turns out to be an idiot, and your preconceptions based on her writing style prove entirely well-founded. Equally, she might have a Ph.D and clumsy fingers...

If you dismiss any potential partners so quickly based on one piece of evidence (how she writes) then you're really narrowing down the field of potential matches, and it's not going to do you any favours in the long run.

(Original post by Reality Check)
    I understand that you can only make a judgement at the moment on what you read, and it's not unreasonable of you to do that. What would be unreasonable, however, would be if you were to just leave it there, without going on to meet her and make a full judgement of her once you were in possession of all the facts. Yes, you might be right - you might meet her and she turns out to be an idiot, and your preconceptions based on her writing style prove entirely well-founded. Equally, she might have a Ph.D and clumsy fingers...

If you dismiss any potential partners so quickly based on one piece of evidence (how she writes) then you're really narrowing down the field of potential matches, and it's not going to do you any favours in the long run.
    Yeah fair enough, I think I probably will go to meet her. I don't have anything to lose and if it doesn't work out I've only wasted one night and have still gotten to see a film that I wanted to watch anyway.

ReputationRep:
    This is a forum for wealthy, intelligent snobs.

They hate manual labour and minimum wage people.

Money and status is more important than anything
    • Very Important Poster

She seems like a nice person, yeah it was looks initially since she didn't have a bio but when talking she just seems like a nice person.
    Just meet her like everyone says. If you dont think you get on then you dont have to carry on.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah fair enough, I think I probably will go to meet her. I don't have anything to lose and if it doesn't work out I've only wasted one night and have still gotten to see a film that I wanted to watch anyway.
    Exactly - see the film, couple of bevvies - nothing lost. And maybe, just maybe, a good match!

Enjoy it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Therec00)
    They hate manual labour and minimum wage people.

Money and status is more important than anything
    you are on the forum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Therec00)
    This is a forum for wealthy, intelligent snobs.
    Given you've written 191 posts, surely that means you're one too?

ReputationRep:
    Wth

ReputationRep:
    you are on the forum
    :five:

ReputationRep:
    So essentially just because she didn't study at university you think she isn't intelligent?

(Original post by emerald7770)
    Wth
    What?

(Original post by Moonstruck16)
    So essentially just because she didn't study at university you think she isn't intelligent?
    Not just that, it's the way she writes messages and the things she says aswell.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.