Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have your favourite kinds of food changed over the years? Watch

• TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    As per the title, have your food preferences changed over the years? If so, what's changed about them? :yum:

For example, I used to absolutely hate pizza (pls don't hurt me!) but now I really like it... but I still can't stand coffee, so that one has stayed the same! :yucky:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I used to hate: cheesecake, bananas, green beans, hummus, omelettes

I used to like: boiled eggs, cheese, oranges, jam, porridge

I've always liked olives though, but a lot of people seem to hate them
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Nah my favourite foods have always stayed pretty much the same throughout my life but it's definitely changed over the years when it comes to booze. I hated cider and wine when I first started drinking but now that I'm a bit older and appreciate how expensive booze is, I've grown a taste for cider and I still can't stand most wine but hanging around with my mum long enough has made acquire a taste for prosecco

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    pretty much the same tbh
    apart from creme eggs
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Have changed my preference from Italian foods to Asian ones many years ago. Don't get me wrong! I still like and enjoy Italian food, but it is not my number one anylonger.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    When I was a kid and my parents asked me where I wanted to get dinner, I would pick McDonald's without hesitation every time. Prefer pizza or Chinese now.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone of us has liked fast food (McDonald's, Burger King, etc.) in the youth so much, but find that disgusting in adult years at once? This goes for me.

ReputationRep:
    I used to absolutely hate lamb and mushrooms, now I love both.

I'm also not really a fan of sweets at all anymore, I like a bit of chocolate but not too much. That's about it. Though I do still love ice cream, I'm picky on the flavours because a lot of them are just completely far too sweet with no decent flavour.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    When I was a kid and my parents asked me where I wanted to get dinner, I would pick McDonald's without hesitation every time. Prefer pizza or Chinese now.
    Do you still eat foods at McDonald's? when I did that the last time, it tasted so disgusting, as if I got an aversion for those meals.

ReputationRep:
    Pizza used to be my favorite but since being introduced to trendy start-up restaurants I have a stronger preference for South American foods and Vietnamese/ Thai foods.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I actually used to loathe bourbons - I KNOW RIGHT :eek4:
    now I think we are one :love:
    I've also began to tolerate mayonnaise more over time but that's all I can think of rn

ReputationRep:
    I used to not be able to stand mayonnaise, now I can't have anything without it

ReputationRep:
    I used to hate literally anything from Dixy Chicken, I couldn't even walk past without being repulsed by the smell.

Now I go there like 2/3 times a week because their food is AWESOME.

Lol I still hate sushi though

ReputationRep:
    I'm not picky at all, I will eat pretty much anything.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I used to like: Eggs... but now the whole concept of them being a chicken's period puts me off them.

I used to dislike: Olives but now I loooooove them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeCroissant)
    I used to like: Eggs... but now the whole concept of them being a chicken's period puts me off them.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Olives seem to be a common one... I still hate them though :afraid:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Gone from fish fingers as a child to tortellini as a early teen and since late teens fish and chips. I love fish and chips so much that once when we were visiting both of my parents parents (so we were gone for a long time) that everyday as we were going to a pub etc. for lunch or dinner I had fish and chips once a day for 10 days in a row.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    Do you still eat foods at McDonald's? when I did that the last time, it tasted so disgusting, as if I got an aversion for those meals.
    I do occasionally go to McDonald's and yes I still enjoy it. Though nowhere near as much as I loved it as a kid. They have a 2 for $5 menu so my wife and I will get 10 nuggets each then $1 each for a refillable soda so it's really cheap for dinner. I think the nuggets in the US are more meaty and less bready than the UK ones.

ReputationRep:
    No, still love chips

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.