Turn on thread page Beta

In the paper! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the paper; sort of anyway. I'm James Piper - the one with hardly any mention! Anyway I'm chuffed to even get a mention!

"BRAINY TRIO AMONG TOP FIVE IN COUNTRY

09:30 - 22 August 2003

Beverley: Dieter Iveson and Eliott Johnson were amazed to find out they were among the top five in the country in their subjects.

Eliott shared top marks in English literature with fellow pupil James Piper.

That means two of the top five students in the country, from an entry of 379,000, came from Beverley Grammar.

All three recorded exceptional grades across the board.

Business studies ace Dieter, 16, of Colleridge Grove, Beverley, scored nine A* grades and one A.

He said: "I was quite surprised. I was predicted similar grades but didn't expect to do so well.

"I was a nice surprise and I'm delighted."

He is now looking forward to a challenging two years in the sixth form, when he will take A-levels in biology, chemistry, physics, maths and further maths.

Eliott, 16, of Sloe Lane, Beverley, also achieved nine A*s and one A.

He said: "I'm really pleased. I didn't start revising too early but I put in a lot of work over the two years."

James, also 16, of Cherry Burton, scored an amazing 10 A* grades."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juxtapiped)
    I'm in the paper; sort of anyway. I'm James Piper - the one with hardly any mention! Anyway I'm chuffed to even get a mention!

"BRAINY TRIO AMONG TOP FIVE IN COUNTRY

09:30 - 22 August 2003

Beverley: Dieter Iveson and Eliott Johnson were amazed to find out they were among the top five in the country in their subjects.

Eliott shared top marks in English literature with fellow pupil James Piper.

That means two of the top five students in the country, from an entry of 379,000, came from Beverley Grammar.

All three recorded exceptional grades across the board.

Business studies ace Dieter, 16, of Colleridge Grove, Beverley, scored nine A* grades and one A.

He said: "I was quite surprised. I was predicted similar grades but didn't expect to do so well.

"I was a nice surprise and I'm delighted."

He is now looking forward to a challenging two years in the sixth form, when he will take A-levels in biology, chemistry, physics, maths and further maths.

Eliott, 16, of Sloe Lane, Beverley, also achieved nine A*s and one A.

He said: "I'm really pleased. I didn't start revising too early but I put in a lot of work over the two years."

James, also 16, of Cherry Burton, scored an amazing 10 A* grades."
    ok ok...well done blah blah, now shut it!!! you've blown your own trumpet enough boy! I got 10 A*'s for GCSE too, no biggy, so SHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi James!

Glad to have your name!!

Pay no attention - I think you did ever so well and I would want to share something like that too! Did you do anything fun to celebrate?

ReputationRep:
    Hay well done - better than me anyway, I got 8 A*s but didn't even get in the school newsletter. What paper was it in by the way?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onlywee)
    ok ok...well done blah blah, now shut it!!! you've blown your own trumpet enough boy! I got 10 A*'s for GCSE too, no biggy, so SHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
    I absolutely agree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    Hay well done - better than me anyway, I got 8 A*s but didn't even get in the school newsletter. What paper was it in by the way?

Just the local paper 'Hull Daily Mail'. Sorry to go on abit about my results - I'm am just literally gob smakced - I didn't expect it AT ALL and I can't believe it!

ReputationRep:
    Just the local paper 'Hull Daily Mail'. Sorry to go on abit about my results - I'm am just literally gob smakced - I didn't expect it AT ALL and I can't believe it!
    You are literally gobsmacked!? Geez that must hurt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It'sPhil...)
    You are literally gobsmacked!? Geez that must hurt
    It does hurt yea!

ReputationRep:
    so go out, get drunk, get high and enjoy it. don't stay in and tell complete strangers on the internet how chuffed you are. Seriously, it's a bit annoying.

ReputationRep:
    When you have a starred first from Cambridge you can start boasting

ReputationRep:
    I really am starting to agree with tek and onlywee, you have to stop boasting and blowing your own trumpet and get on with it, not only is your behaviour getting at people like me but it is sooooooo rude to be doing this when there are people out there who got 5 C's a D and an F and are really pleased with that - you are belittling their acheivement and that is not FAIR! Also as Tek says things are gonna get so much harder soon, and when you've got a Nobel Prize then nobody will mind you going on about it but its only GCSE results - I got 11 A* but I found AS levels tough so please give it a rest and work hard on preparing for the rest of your life where there is no oppurtunity to boast to strangers on the internet about your achievements- many will go totally unnoticed in later life - my parents are doctors and they save lives with no recognition on a daily basis - yet they don't boast!

ReputationRep:
    First, I would like to congratulate you but I have to agree with the last two posts. Please could you try and tone down the comments on your results.
    I am really happy with my results (5 A*s, 4 As and a B), but it is very easy to feel a bit disappointed when somebody who gets like straight A*s keeps shoving their results in your face.

I really dont mean to be offensive.....again well done with your results.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jess)
    I got 11 A* but I found AS levels tough so please give it a rest and work hard on preparing for the rest of your life where there is no oppurtunity to boast to strangers on the internet about your achievements- many will go totally unnoticed in later life - my parents are doctors and they save lives with no recognition on a daily basis - yet they don't boast!
    That's a useful point from above, James. If you end up at a top university such as Oxbridge no one will praise your achievements, you will just be expected to do well all the time and contribute to academic life in a constructive way. It's one of the hardest lessons between GCSEs and the time you leave school - you must learn to be successful without the need for constant reassurance and praise from your contemporaries.

I know you're happy, and you should be! Sorry if what I'm saying seems harsh, but it will be very difficult for you if you start uni without being able to be quietly confident in your own abilities.

(Original post by onlywee)
    so go out, get drunk, get high and enjoy it. don't stay in and tell complete strangers on the internet how chuffed you are. Seriously, it's a bit annoying.
    u no i agree with you,how many times has thi8s juxa suttin been going on about his results?

so ur happy,wow thats som,e biggeee,like every1 tried there best,stop shoving ur results in everyones face!

its pissin most of us ppl right off!

no offence meant

exactly,we are happy for you BUT please stop rubbing it in. Most people are happy with there B's and u are making it quite uncomfortable for them if u keep stressing over ur grades

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    exactly,we are happy for you BUT please stop rubbing it in. Most people are happy with there B's and u are making it quite uncomfortable for them if u keep stressing over ur grades
    We all run the risk of sounding really nasty and harsh to Juxtapiped and I think we are all very happy for him and his results, however I think he does need to consider what some people have said.

erm what is juxtapiped? must come from somewhere.....pokemon?
    not trying to be offensive but i think ive heard of that name before....digimon?

ReputationRep:
    Yes we are happy for him - but we are telling him to stop for his own good. Also, do a search for all the things he ha sposted about his GCSE results and you will also become v irritated!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jess)
    Yes we are happy for him - but we are telling him to stop for his own good. Also, do a search for all the things he ha sposted about his GCSE results and you will also become v irritated!!!!!!!
    Jess, I agree entirely with you. I am also quite irrated with the constant wave of comments on his results.
    I think things like posting a link to see his GCSE artwork was quite a big-headed thing to do also, whilst it was good, I too got an A* in art yet I dont feel the need to shove it in peoples faces and boast about it.

(Original post by monkiwrensh)
    Jess, I agree entirely with you. I am also quite irrated with the constant wave of comments on his results.
    I think things like posting a link to see his GCSE artwork was quite a big-headed thing to do also, whilst it was good, I too got an A* in art yet I dont feel the need to shove it in peoples faces and boast about it.
    exactly,the amount of posts on his results! JESUS CHRIST! its ticking my arse off im sitting here thinking mayan do u have no life?

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.