Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have just recently been accepted into Westminster uni which im really happy about as it was my preference. I just had negative thoughts in my mind that I may not be able to afford etc.

I'd just like to know what other people experiences were like being a student in London?

ReputationRep:
    You'll either love it or hate it.

ReputationRep:
    I love studying in London. I commute from outside though, about an hour away (so do save a lot of money) which helps. I won't make any exceptions about the cost of living if you stay in London though. It is very, very expensive. The more central, the more expensive as expected. Dependent on if you want an ensuite or not, accomodation can start from £140 a week to £260pw dependant on what you like and want.

On top of that, there's travel (oyster cards), going out, buying books, eating and travelling back home to see your family.

Apart from the financial side, London is a diverse bubble which has really great things happening whether its to do with politics, art or culture.

When it comes to deciding if you should go for London, ask yourself what is it about London that wants me to study there for 3 years? If it's seeing sights everyday, that's not something that will happen. London can be tiring, and sometimes you just want to go home after your lectures. If there's something else, like the university that just happens to be in London- then go for it.
    Hope this helped!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.