The Student Room Group

Mock Exam Results & Options

I did my GCSE Mock Exams and I got my results which I'm mostly disappointed about.
English Lit (AQA)- 6(9-1) , English Language 6(AQA) 6(9-1)
Maths(Edexcel) -5(9-1) , Biology(AQA triple science) -B
Chemistry(AQA triple science) - A , Physics (AQA triple science) -A
History(Edexcel) - B , Economics(OCR) - B
French(Edexcel) - B , Computing(Edexcel) - B , RS(AQA) - A

I'm expected A* for every subject bar French(A). I know now I'm going to revise from now. My only problem is I don't know how to revise properly. My question is: How do I revise properly & improve my understanding of topics I may find difficult as I don't know how I revise best, all I know is I like watching videos.
Currently doing my GCSE's, haven't done my mocks yet; they're in June. But this is what helps me:

1) Go through lesson after school, to make sure you have a clear understanding of it.
2) Use mind maps at the end of the top to summarise tough units.
3) Rewrite messy notes from class, or if there is a topic you really don't understand, go through textbook and class book, condensing info to the minimalist detail, easier for you to remember it.
4) Draw timelines for history, also there are loads of songs to remember important times in the era.
5) Keep re-tracking your revision! Go back on each chapter so that it is always fresh in your mind.
6) Before bed, go through textbook or even class book, grab some sticky notes and write question/ or ways to rememebr on them. This way, when you refer to them for revising, you already have some practice
7) PAST PAPERS, PAST PAPERS, PAST PAPERS! (especially for maths) Only way to see if you've learnt enough, and see how your exam skills are. It also helps you understand why you went wrong, making sure you have a better understanding on it. Even for the new GCSE, which I am doing, still use the old ones, it can help you a lot.

Hope this helped!!
Original post by zwastix
Currently doing my GCSE's, haven't done my mocks yet; they're in June. But this is what helps me:

1) Go through lesson after school, to make sure you have a clear understanding of it.
2) Use mind maps at the end of the top to summarise tough units.
3) Rewrite messy notes from class, or if there is a topic you really don't understand, go through textbook and class book, condensing info to the minimalist detail, easier for you to remember it.
4) Draw timelines for history, also there are loads of songs to remember important times in the era.
5) Keep re-tracking your revision! Go back on each chapter so that it is always fresh in your mind.
6) Before bed, go through textbook or even class book, grab some sticky notes and write question/ or ways to rememebr on them. This way, when you refer to them for revising, you already have some practice
7) PAST PAPERS, PAST PAPERS, PAST PAPERS! (especially for maths) Only way to see if you've learnt enough, and see how your exam skills are. It also helps you understand why you went wrong, making sure you have a better understanding on it. Even for the new GCSE, which I am doing, still use the old ones, it can help you a lot.

Hope this helped!!

If you want to find past papers, they can be found on this website.
Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest