The Student Room Group

Nursing/Midwifery Applicants

In April last year when I had my interview for Adult Nursing to start March 2017, I became obsessed with checking my emails and UCAS track! Is anybody experiencing this now? I had my interview at Derby during the last week in May and I got an unconditional offer. The Nursing Admissions person dealing with my application went on annual leave for a fortnight two days after my interview and I had to wait a whole month for a decision. When I got the email stating my track had been updated I couldn't open it, I had to get my boyfriend to do it, I was just too nervous! Good Luck to everybody waiting for a response/offer, I hope you all get the offers and universities you are hoping for and wish you all the best. Each and everyone of you will be an asset to the NHS. X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KingLhasaApso
In April last year when I had my interview for Adult Nursing to start March 2017, I became obsessed with checking my emails and UCAS track! Is anybody experiencing this now? I had my interview at Derby during the last week in May and I got an unconditional offer. The Nursing Admissions person dealing with my application went on annual leave for a fortnight two days after my interview and I had to wait a whole month for a decision. When I got the email stating my track had been updated I couldn't open it, I had to get my boyfriend to do it, I was just too nervous! Good Luck to everybody waiting for a response/offer, I hope you all get the offers and universities you are hoping for and wish you all the best. Each and everyone of you will be an asset to the NHS. X

Posted from TSR Mobile

@KingLhasaApso Hi, Thanks for your inspiring post! :smile: I have applied for Adult Nursing and now hold an unconditional offer at my first choice and I cannot wait to start in Sept 2017. Congratulations on your offer, Good luck on your course starting March 2017.
Original post by nelfran29
@KingLhasaApso Hi, Thanks for your inspiring post! :smile: I have applied for Adult Nursing and now hold an unconditional offer at my first choice and I cannot wait to start in Sept 2017. Congratulations on your offer, Good luck on your course starting March 2017.

Well done Nelfran that's great news. That feeling when you get your offer is amazing. It feels as though you've worked so hard right the way through the application process it's really rewarding. Congratulations on getting your first choice too. Where are you going if you don't mind me asking? 😊x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well done Nelfran that's great news. That feeling when you get your offer is amazing. It feels as though you've worked so hard right the way through the application process it's really rewarding. Congratulations on getting your first choice too. Where are you going if you don't mind me asking? 😊x

Posted from TSR Mobile

@KingLhasaApso Hi, I applied for Adult Nursing for September 2017 Entry at Anglia Ruskin University (Unsuccessful) The University of Bedfordshire (Unsuccessful) The University of West London (Withdrawal) University of Essex (Unsuccessful) and London South Bank University (Unconditional offer)

It's been a hard couple of months but worth it when you get offered a place at your first choice.

Thanks again xxx
That's fab! I had a similar experience. I got rejected by Nottingham, Leicester, Sheffield and Birmingham. It turned out I hadn't added my GCSeS to my application. I made the mistake of thinking they'd assume I'd have them because I already had a degree. Anyway I applied to Derby where I also forgot to add them as part of the same UCAS app but I rung them to plead before they rejected me as well. They accepted my explanation because I did my other degree there. Luckily Derby was my first choice as I live in Derby with a kid and mortgage!!

Well done on your offer, I'm really pleased for you! Good luck 😘 x

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's fab! I had a similar experience. I got rejected by Nottingham, Leicester, Sheffield and Birmingham. It turned out I hadn't added my GCSeS to my application. I made the mistake of thinking they'd assume I'd have them because I already had a degree. Anyway I applied to Derby where I also forgot to add them as part of the same UCAS app but I rung them to plead before they rejected me as well. They accepted my explanation because I did my other degree there. Luckily Derby was my first choice as I live in Derby with a kid and mortgage!!

Well done on your offer, I'm really pleased for you! Good luck 😘 x

Posted from TSR Mobile

@KingLhasaApso Hi again, We both got there in the end, I'm happy it all worked out for you. We both got what we wanted, it can only be a good thing. Just keep your momentum going and you will do great! :smile:
Thank you, you too! Who knows one day we may be colleagues, here's hoping the NHS don't collapse in the meantime. Take care xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you, you too! Who knows one day we may be colleagues, here's hoping the NHS don't collapse in the meantime. Take care xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

@KingLhasaApso Yes exactly, lets keep the NHS going!!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending