Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm off to Darlington. AMA. Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm ****ing fed up with Student Finance England - fed up!!

I've now sent them EIGHT versions of my 2016/2017 declaration form by FIRST CLASS POST and I haven't received anything.

I'm now down to my last £200 (saved up money) for the rest for the year.

I've got bills to pay (water, heating, and tenancy), as well as food.

I've called them up a dozen times, and I always get the same robotic answer "You just need to send it again, we haven't received it".

****ing *******s.

Student Finance are an absolute JOKE.

I know I've posted this before, but I really need to rant.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Send it recorded delivery rather than first class. That way you can prove they have got it and it isn't lost in the post. They have been known to lose people's original birth certificates/passports and then insist it got lost in the post. Keep persisting and eventually they won't screw up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manitude)
    Send it recorded delivery rather than first class. That way you can prove they have got it and it isn't lost in the post. They have been known to lose people's original birth certificates/passports and then insist it got lost in the post. Keep persisting and eventually they won't screw up.

That's a good idea, actually.

I'll do that tomorrow when I'm at University....

****ing pieces of ****, honestly, I'm so done with them. I'm even afraid of calling them because I will lose the plot.

ReputationRep:
    That's the service you pay for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willy Pete)
    That's the service you pay for.

:lol:

I'm so mad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodgypirate)
    :lol:

I'm so mad
    I had the same problem a few years back, fortunately for me I just kept sending them daily using the office franking machine. They got it after about the 5th one.

ReputationRep:
    I had the same problem a few years back, fortunately for me I just kept sending them daily using the office franking machine. They got it after about the 5th one.
    That's still five times man!!

They're so inconsiderate. Most the staff who received my call have been quite rude and patronising.

ReputationRep:
    That's still five times man!!

They're so inconsiderate. Most the staff who received my call have been quite rude and patronising.
    And Scottish. Those ****er don't even pay their fees. 5 times but I wasn't at uni yet.

ReputationRep:
    And Scottish. Those ****er don't even pay their fees. 5 times but I wasn't at uni yet.
    Yeah, being at Uni, struggling with money, and dealing with those tartan ass clowns is bringing me down.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, being at Uni, struggling with money, and dealing with those tartan ass clowns is bringing me down.
    I feel you. The worst thing is there is nothing you can do to combat their constant ****wittery.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 6, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.