Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what to do if Bf said I was salty and that he doesn't like 'salty' girls all the time Watch

We've been dating two years and are relationship is very much based on joking around and being a bit cheeky to each other, which I like but sometimes he says things which may me question myself (yes before I say any more I do have insecurities and am prone to over thinking ).

So we were joking about girls and he said something along the lines of "I didn't ask for a salted caramel biscuit (with reference to me), I just want a rich tea sort of girl" (yes we were comparing girls to biscuits). I joke back "you could never date a rich tea biscuit girl - they are nice but you would get bored from the lack of fiery flavour" (nothing wrong with the rich tea biscuit girls out there, but I don't think my fella could date that sort of girl - needs more of a rollarcoaster than a steady boat ride). To which he replied (deadly serious, although he does have an amazing poker face) "I don't like salted all the time"...

now I know this is ridiculous (we are dealing with ****ing biscuits for goodness sake) but its made me worried. I am an extrovert - loud, obnoxious, over the top, fiery, independent and occasionally sassy. Thats just me and people can't change but I'm worried hes starting to look for a simpler girl - thats the way the cookie crumbles I guess (had to get one in there ). So can people help me unpick this or advice for reigning myself in?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    What normal person compares people to bloody biscuits?? :rofl:

(Original post by Nirvana1989-1994)
    What normal person compares people to bloody biscuits?? :rofl:
    Never said I was normal quirky all the way here!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Be less salty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    We've been dating two years and are relationship is very much based on joking around and being a bit cheeky to each other, which I like but sometimes he says things which may me question myself (yes before I say any more I do have insecurities and am prone to over thinking ).

So we were joking about girls and he said something along the lines of "I didn't ask for a salted caramel biscuit (with reference to me), I just want a rich tea sort of girl" (yes we were comparing girls to biscuits). I joke back "you could never date a rich tea biscuit girl - they are nice but you would get bored from the lack of fiery flavour" (nothing wrong with the rich tea biscuit girls out there, but I don't think my fella could date that sort of girl - needs more of a rollarcoaster than a steady boat ride). To which he replied (deadly serious, although he does have an amazing poker face) "I don't like salted all the time"...

now I know this is ridiculous (we are dealing with F***ing biscuits for goodness sake) but its made me worried. I am an extrovert - loud, obnoxious, over the top, fiery, independent and occasionally sassy. Thats just me and people can't change but I'm worried hes starting to look for a simpler girl - thats the way the cookie crumbles I guess (had to get one in there ). So can people help me unpick this or advice for reigning myself in?
    Be a jammy dodger
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Never said I was normal quirky all the way here!
    I respect that.

ReputationRep:

Not care.

what exactly do you want us to do? the man pretty much told you to your face that you're not really his type. how disrespectful can he get?

so stop looking for ways to change yourself and just be yourself. no matter how much you may love him he clearly prefers a different type and wasn't afraid to say it to you. This is the part where you should wake up a little and re-evaluate things.

Time for a serious talk I think, ask him if he meant it or was he just winding you up and if he hints that he meant it then it might be time to break up with him and find someone who DOES like salty biscuits.

The whole point of a relationship is being with someone who likes you for you. If someone even partially resents a part of you then thats not a solid relationship

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show
    It's a joke mate

ReputationRep:
    My girlfriend said she'd prefer a more Kitkat kind of a fella. I gave the two fingers to that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambio wechsel)
    My girlfriend said she'd prefer a more Kitkat kind of a fella. I gave the two fingers to that.
    you could give her a finger of fudge :teehee:
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Less salt, more sticky toffee.

ReputationRep:
    He wants u to be sweet, girly and cute....not always joking around.

ReputationRep:
    Salt is what makes food tasty. Keep being salty, fellow salty sister.
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Stop being salty and start throwing shade. See if he prefers that (doubt he will)

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with a bit of sugar now and again! Be sweeter and just chill :rofl:
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Just ask him in plain English "You know that convo we were having the other day about biscuits and you said X? Does that mean you find me a bit too full on? Can you give me an example ?"(or whatever phrase)

ReputationRep:
    Rich tea = Safe, calm, quiet, chilled, can eat lots without concern and ''you know where you stand with it''

Salted caramel = full of flavor, rich tasting, sugary, exciting - but has its down sides... ''too much & you get sick of it!''

To translate, he is saying......take the piss/banter less, calm down a bit more, be less bubbly, be more level headed and calmer and chill out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    you could give her a finger of fudge :teehee:
    Well, it is just enough to give the kids a treat.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.