Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Speaker declares Trump too racist and sexist to speak in Westminster Hall Watch

• View Poll Results: Is Speaker Bercow right to refuse President Trump?
    Yes
    62.46%
    No
    27.87%
    Not sure
    9.66%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    Because the President has never insulted anyone....
    You obviously haven't read the posts that went before your intervention.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    Cliche, it may or may not be. True, it certainly is.
    Stop presenting your opinion as if it were a fact.

It's equally fair to argue that sucking up to Mr Trump (with everything he's done/said/ stands for) is not in our interests.

What is in 'our interests' is an inherently challengable claim.

ReputationRep:
    What is in 'our interests' is an inherently challengable claim.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    How old are you? 5?

Except I didn't present it as a fact, I clearly made out it was simply my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    How old are you? 5?

Except I didn't present it as a fact, I clearly made out it was simply my opinion.
    Yes and not a very well thought out opinion.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by astutehirstute)
    Yes and not a very well thought out opinion.
    In your opinion...

I think your opinion about my opinion was not a very well thought out opinion, in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    I'm a celt. Another invader.
    That explains a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Picture in the papers today of Bercow behind the Emir of Kuwait as he addressed Parliament in 2012.

Kuwait where homosexuality is illegal, yes that Kuwait.

Simple hypocrisy and vitrue signalling on a grand scale.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    And that is, in your opinion, "achieving a great many things"?

:teehee:
    The Nobel Committee seemed to agree with Ladbants on this one. I don't, though.

ReputationRep:
    A BBC newsreader made a fair point: If the leaders of Kuwait: a country which has banned homosexuality, and of China: a country with a questionable human rights record, are allowed to speak in parliament why isn't Donald Trump? Is it for making sexist remarks towards women over a decade ago? Or is it for taking a controversial stance on immigration? In my opinion it's a double standard to allow someone who advocated the criminalisation of homosexuality to speak in parliament, but not Trump.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MildredMalone)
    a) Not a presidential action, shouldn't count
    b) Who doesn't like young and beautiful people?

b) Have you seen Ivanka?

He has a point. I mean, Hillary as President ... really?

It is sad when that happens

What's wrong with controlling illegal immigration?
    Good grief!

a) Might not be a presidential action, but it sure reflects on his personality a lot! Like, that's the kind of person who America thinks is "great"?
    b) This comment just shows how shallow he is, as by the looks of things is the same way as his followers.

a) same as 1 a)
    b) Yes, but a father saying he'd WILLINGLY do that to his daughter is incestuous. I'd actually freak out of my dad or another male relative ever said that about me / to me, whether I was physically there or not. Again same as 1 b) except this just shows you guys are massively shallow WITHOUT morals.

a) I mean she wasn't racist, sexist, or say anything horrible about people. As an outsider who doesn't have much knowledge on american politics at all, she seemed like the nicer candidate with better morals.

a) I can't believe this one... You seriously think a wall will stop illegal immigration?...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joe cooley)
    Picture in the papers today of Bercow behind the Emir of Kuwait as he addressed Parliament in 2012.

Kuwait where homosexuality is illegal, yes that Kuwait.

Simple hypocrisy and vitrue signalling on a grand scale.
    And that's the mild part of the things that Kuwait.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    The funny thing about Bercow's comments on an address for the Royal Gallery is that it is where multiple presidents have made addresses from, and where Khrushchev made his address from.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    And here are the Lord Speakers comments: http://www.parliament.uk/business/ne...-to-the-house/

ReputationRep:
    If Trump isn't allowed to speak, Sean 'Spice It Up' Spicer or Kelleyanne Conway should be given a chance. They're comedy gold.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Trump should be allowed to speak in Westminster Hall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    And that's the mild part of the things that Kuwait.
    Apparently, Muslims are to be held to a lower standard than non-Muslims.

According to those staunch campaigners for equality on the left.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MildredMalone)
    b) Who doesn't like young and beautiful people?

b) Have you seen Ivanka?

He has a point. I mean, Hillary as President ... really?

It is sad when that happens

What's wrong with controlling illegal immigration?
    a) Just because it's not a presidential action, it still shows the type of person he is and do you really want something that disrespectful running this country?

b) And he didn't just say young and beautiful but a big piece of a** like. Dude. Wth. How shallow can you get?!

a) Basically, that's his personality. And he is running one of the most influential countries in the WORLD.

b) Are you serious?! That's his freakin' daughter! he is speaking of his daughter in a sexual way. HE is speaking of HIS DAUGHTER in a SEXUAL way. Like bruh. Puh-leaze.

a) Ok, sure she doesn't have the best morals in the world but come on, she's way more responsible than HIM. At least she won't destroy the whole world with nuclear bombs like I mean Trump can't even handle his own damn twitter and you trust him with enough bombs to blow up the entire universe!!!!!!

a) HE WANTS TO SEPARATE THE COUNTRIES CUZ HE THINKS THAT MEXICANS ARE BAD AND ARE CORRUPTING AMERICA. DUDE. HE IS CORRUPTING AMERICA!
    p.s taco bell got inspiration from Mexico so keep that in mind when you diss 'em.
    p.p.s it's not immigration he needs to worry about
    p.p.ps he says such stupid things and blames loads of things like terrorism on Muslims well guess what, Trump? GUN FIGHTS in AMERICA have killed MORE people than TERRORISM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lana_A)
    a) Just because it's not a presidential action, it still shows the type of person he is and do you really want something that disrespectful running this country?

b) And he didn't just say young and beautiful but a big piece of a** like. Dude. Wth. How shallow can you get?!

a) Basically, that's his personality. And he is running one of the most influential countries in the WORLD.

b) Are you serious?! That's his freakin' daughter! he is speaking of his daughter in a sexual way. HE is speaking of HIS DAUGHTER in a SEXUAL way. Like bruh. Puh-leaze.

a) Ok, sure she doesn't have the best morals in the world but come on, she's way more responsible than HIM. At least she won't destroy the whole world with nuclear bombs like I mean Trump can't even handle his own damn twitter and you trust him with enough bombs to blow up the entire universe!!!!!!

a) HE WANTS TO SEPARATE THE COUNTRIES CUZ HE THINKS THAT MEXICANS ARE BAD AND ARE CORRUPTING AMERICA. DUDE. HE IS CORRUPTING AMERICA!
    p.s taco bell got inspiration from Mexico so keep that in mind when you diss 'em.
    p.p.s it's not immigration he needs to worry about
    p.p.ps he says such stupid things and blames loads of things like terrorism on Muslims well guess what, Trump? GUN FIGHTS in AMERICA have killed MORE people than TERRORISM.
    Okay you did this much better than I did :P

ReputationRep:
    Daily reminder that this loser with no power is literally a cuck.

>http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...is-cousin.html

Jesus, the UK is becoming more of a joke every year. In 20 years time, we'll most likely be out of the top 10 most powerful countries in the world.

How can you take this manchild seriously?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 13, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.