Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Popular Thread Creators (Sat 28 Jan - Fri 3 Feb) Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    It was pretty easy to do* so I'd be happy to if people want.

* but that's because jenhasdreams created a cool spreadsheet
    Can you do one by visitor numbers as well?

ReputationRep:
    We were just looking through some data and noticed that we could see who were the thread creators on TSR with the most popular threads. Below is a table showing who had the most replies to their threads created last week. Thought I'd share it as it was quite fun reading

(small print: threads without replies are excluded so the thread number might be a bit off)
    Cool statistic, thanks for sharing!
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Can you do one by visitor numbers as well?
    Yeah maybe, will see later in the week.

(Original post by yudothis)
    Cool statistic, thanks for sharing!
    No probs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodgypirate)
    How's the weather below me?
    Oh and by the way, can I just point out that my threads averaged 83 responses per thread, whilst yours managed only a trifling 35?

:smug:

ReputationRep:
    Oh and by the way, can I just point out that my threads averaged 83 responses per thread, whilst yours managed only a trifling 35?

:smug:

• Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    jenhasdreams Truly the stats MVP.

ReputationRep:
    Whose idea was this? Pretty smart. You should exclude Chat too.

ReputationRep:
    but that's because jenhasdreams created a cool spreadsheet
    But how cool are they really?

Spoiler:
    Show

**** I need to reevaluate what I'm doing with my life
      • TSR Community Team
      • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Willy Pete)
      But how cool are they really?

Spoiler:
      Show

WOW.

When I was the editor at Cancer Research UK I had a traffic graph that looked like a diplodocus but that right there takes the biscuit.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Mathemagicien)
      Sixteen thread starts in one week. Where does interest end and addiction start? Discuss.
      • TSR Community Team
      • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
      Yours are some of the most helpful threads on TSR so no wonder so many people respond to them

Sixteen thread starts in one week. Where does interest end and addiction start? Discuss.
        I think this is because I'm an egocentric ******* who prefers to start a new thread so I can have the first say, and dictate the direction of the debate, rather than comment on other peoples' threads and be the 55th comment who nobody will see. My comment activity is probably a lot lower than most other people in that list.

ReputationRep:
        I think this is because I'm an egocentric ******* who prefers to start a new thread so I can have the first say, and dictate the direction of the debate, rather than comment on other peoples' threads and be the 55th comment who nobody will see. My comment activity is probably a lot lower than most other people in that list.
        Tbf, I like a lot of your threads - so it's not like they are a waste of space or anything. However, you can have too much of a good thing and it's always good to issue your star qualities in discreet amounts, otherwise people take you too much for granted, or get bored.

Yours are some of the most helpful threads on TSR so no wonder so many people respond to them
          "helpful" :rofl:

Controversial, I think you mean. That's the only thing people respond to in N&CA.

I honestly can't think of a single helpful thread that I've made. The members with the most helpful threads probably aren't on this list, because the helpful threads aren't on the popular subforums.

Tbf, I like a lot of your threads - so it's not like they are a waste of space or anything. However, you can have too much of a good thing and it's always good to issue your star qualities in discreet amounts, otherwise people take you too much for granted, or get bored.
            Sounds dangerously like capitalist economics there

ReputationRep:
            Sounds dangerously like capitalist economics there
            I felt it was more like quantum physics. :holmes:
            • TSR Community Team
            • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
            "helpful" :rofl:

Controversial, I think you mean. That's the only thing people respond to in N&CA.

I honestly can't think of a single helpful thread that I've made. The members with the most helpful threads probably aren't on this list, because the helpful threads aren't on the popular subforums.
            Oh yeah! Whoops, I mixed you up with another user :lol: still, nothing like a good debate

I looked through most threads for people on here and while there are lots in debate and chat, the majority actually come from other forums like unis and study help

I felt it was more like quantum physics. :holmes:
              Please take over N&CA for me, I need to find some hobbies

I need people to see what a phenomenon Guess what's on my desk has become. Also:

Attachment 617662
                me irl

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
              Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
              Useful resources
              AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
            • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
              Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.