The Student Room Group

Everyone is disappointed with me

Basically, I've been getting rejections from my unis which I applied to medicine for and everyone is disappointed with me. School have completely given up on me, parents are saying i'm not trying hard enough for anything and that I don't deserve it and i don't know what to do, its putting me off doing anything with my life at all. But I really want to go to uni, and I've considered internally transferring my applications to other departments at the unis I've applied to, but school think its a waste of time and parents don't agree because it means I'm not fighting hard enough for med.

What do I do? any advice appreciated! Thanks
Don't care. Why do you have to do medicine? I would enjoy it personally but it's not something I wouldn't care too much if I couldn't get in. I would be a nurse in a heartbeat though. But I had animals and spent a lot of time outside so generally just caring for stuff is more inherent through the way I was brought up. I couldn't imagine being around people. Who got to do that while I had less of an active role from what I see it could be more rewarding depending on the type of person you are.
Not sure what unis is but, i can tell you what i would tell my daughter all the time. Never give up and always try your best. That is all you can ask from anybody. Having negative parents is a drag, I had that, but I always have positive things to say to my kid. The glass is half full.
I have had exactly the same thing- I was rejected for medicine and am applying for other related subjects this year. I hate how everybody judges you for not getting in first time round, it's horrible, but I thought about how much I want medicine- I'm scared of it all happening all over again so I'm applying for a similar subject that I will probably still really enjoy and if I still want to I can do graduate medicine afterwards. There's so many things you can do!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
It sucks that you feel this way :frown: Sometimes life throws lame situations at you that we just need to work through. When it comes to school you've just got to be the most annoying student ever and keep asking, keep bugging, make them listen to you and find a solution. They're there to help you - so make them help you. When it comes to parents that's a bit trickier, maybe just talk to them? Tell them how you're feeling and how it's been getting you down, it will show them you want to do well, I'm sure they just want the best for you. Medicine is so difficult to get into, I'm watching all my friends get rejections for medicine all the time and it's heartbreaking - but there are so many other options!! You can take a year out and reapply, or just look for another field! The skies the limit babes!
Try not to listen or think about other people so much. This is your life and it's an important decision to make. Decide on what is right for you, if you want to pursue medicine taking a year out and reapplying is really not a big deal but if you're not really committed then taking your future in a different direction isn't a failure. Take some time before you make your decision so you're not basing it on your feeligns of failure.

Quick Reply

Latest