Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

are imigrants racist by exploiting american borders Watch

ReputationRep:
    just thought id use a little liberal logic here, they seem to be very sencitive to peticular words so im empathising with them by using there own language to understand them

are the migrants coming to america racist towards americans for not caring that they are putting unessisery pressure on the american people who are already trying to help them?

ReputationRep:
    What on earth are you trying to say? 'America' itself is a country created by immigrants. For Americans to ban immigration, would be a hypocrisy beyond any other.

ReputationRep:
    like always please enter these arguments with a lighthearted spirit and not a nasty fighting one we all benefit much more from the debates that way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohyeah12)
    like always please enter these arguments with a lighthearted spirit and not a nasty fighting one we all benefit much more from the debates that way
    Excuse me if I in any way at all sounded remotely nasty. i was just pointing out that your initial statement made hardly any sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 27FT)
    Excuse me if I in any way at all sounded remotely nasty. i was just pointing out that your initial statement made hardly any sense.
    lol i wasnt thinking you said anything nasty, it was just a general statement =D

i didnt see your post yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohyeah12)
    lol i wasnt thinking you said anything nasty, it was just a general statement =D

i didnt see your post yet
    ah i see

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 27FT)
    What on earth are you trying to say? 'America' itself is a country created by immigrants. For Americans to ban immigration, would be a hypocrisy beyond any other.
    i was just trying to make a point that my felow liberals are using the racist line against trump too much, i dont think they really know what it means

they are saying trump is racist because of his travel ban, or at least imply it, if i was to use the same logic i could acuse people trying to get in to america as racist when there just thinking of there own needs before americans

you make a good point about hypocracy though, and its kind of the same point as mine, could you argue they are also hypocrits for claiming they have rights but americans dont?

ReputationRep:
    i think the fact that america is putting itself in danger all the time trying to help war torn countries shows it cares but the moment it comes to mexicans to care about its own people and maybe dont hop a border, or comes to the moment to care about americans who need some of the money back that has been taken away from american workers the forighn countries that come from underdeveloped nations never seem to care

i don't think america has a problem with an arab english person which is why they wernt band but its saying there might be a problem with some white midle eastern countries that arnt developed or democratic

i said white midle eastern countries because there are plenty of white Syrians which is another reason the racist thing doesnt stick

also America oftern classes arabs as Caucasian anyway if you look at many government forms

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    The term 'Muslim' refers to a religion, not a race. Muslims are a diverse group of races. So to ban Muslims is not being racist towards one particular race.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 27FT)
    No its a perfectly smart thing to do. If someone is going to be a threat to national security they should be banned from entering any given country, the thing is here in the UK we are far to soft with our immigration we do not have to clamp down and stop people coming in from Iraq and Syria as a minimum, otherwise there is a danger we may be importing a terrorist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueArmy)
    No its a perfectly smart thing to do. If someone is going to be a threat to national security they should be banned from entering any given country, the thing is here in the UK we are far to soft with our immigration we do not have to clamp down and stop people coming in from Iraq and Syria as a minimum, otherwise there is a danger we may be importing a terrorist.
    except none of the countries Trump placed an immigrant ban hold an actual threat to America? And what are you on about, Britons being "too soft" on immigration, are you purposefully forgetting that the main reason British people voted Brexit was to stop the flow of immigration and tighten borders? I still stand by my point, America is founded by immigrants, the only true Americans are the Natives, who are white Americans to stop people from moving to the US

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Voi)
    The term 'Muslim' refers to a religion, not a race. Muslims are a diverse group of races. So to ban Muslims is not being racist towards one particular race.
    It's still is a form of discrimination, not to mention against one of their fundamental human rights.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 27FT)
    except none of the countries Trump placed an immigrant ban hold an actual threat to America? And what are you on about, Britons being "too soft" on immigration, are you purposefully forgetting that the main reason British people voted Brexit was to stop the flow of immigration and tighten borders? I still stand by my point, America is founded by immigrants, the only true Americans are the Natives, who are white Americans to stop people from moving to the US
    Voting brexit was a chain reaction telling the government we are too soft in our immigration policy and have been for years, we need to be more aggressive. IE no immigration for 10 years even if it makes us financially worse off. Any country can be a threat to anyone, Argentina see UK as a threat to there national security for over 40 years, we have no idea whats happening out of the public's eye the list was actually drew up by the Obama administration so you are falling into the trap of hypocrisy for blaming Trump for something Obama backed- who banned Iraqis for 6 months, but BBC/ ITV news will not report this fact because Obama was black.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onde)
    National borders are ludicrous in the 21st century.
    It really isn't. If the Western world does see a shift in jobs towards automation then what need is there for immigration economically? Currently immigrants are needed to perform roles that many Westerners deem below them or to help with an aging population. However, automation could very well reduce both those.
    If there's also a shift towards Universal Basic Income, which even as someone who is economically right wing, I'm open to, then allowing some kind of free for all into the UK would be disastrous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 27FT)
    It's still is a form of discrimination, not to mention against one of their fundamental human rights.
    No one has a fundamental right to come to America

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oldercon1953)
    No one has a fundamental right to come to America
    Not to america obviously but discrimnation against nationality and religion is illegal under human rights law, which the Muslim ban is categorised under.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 27FT)
    Not to america obviously but discrimnation against nationality and religion is illegal under human rights law, which the Muslim ban is categorised under.
    If America was to have a terror attack from a country what Trump had banned he will gain so much support

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chief Swastika)
    If America was to have a terror attack from a country what Trump had banned he will gain so much support
    well Trump has billions so I think he could easily afford it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 27FT)
    well Trump has billions so I think he could easily afford it
    You will find that Trump is not your average wishy washy middle class equality loving airhead like Bush and Clinton's i would of abstained if I was american, I don't like how Clinton was all for the blacks and i do not trust Trump in not starting a war if you put a gun to my head i would of chosen Trump

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.