Turn on thread page Beta

How much do you spend in a night club? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    If only I could get a pizza on the way home for £3.50 :coma:
    Had a £4 or £5 quid pizza in Manchester, and it was really bloody good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndrewSCO)
    On a night out at a club how much would you spend?

And what do you think about someone spending £1000 on one night out in a club?

Don't do nightclubs but if I'm at a pub with friends anything between £10-£40 likely

£1000 is ridiculous, even if it was in London

ReputationRep:
    I don't tend to stay in 1 club for the night, but on a night out I can spend as little as £15 and as much as £45-£50. But then I'm pretty insistent on going to cheaper places and only getting one drink if going somewhere more expensive.

ReputationRep:
    Actually at the club, £100 would be about the most I've ever spent.

Spending £1000 is ostentatious but if that is how someone wants to spend their money, it is up to them.

I stay away from clubs where people spend thousands. I hate bouncers/reps who act like they are doing you a favour by letting you in and once you get in, it is full of ******s taking themselves too seriously. Much prefer cheap clubs.

ReputationRep:
    typical night out fee's when i lived in London and went clubbing in Central

£1.50 travel [I would usually not pay on the bendy busses so this would reduce my travel costs]
    £2.00 cloak room fee's [pretty much all clubs charge this]
    £0.00 entry fee [I'd get there before 9:30 PM so entry was free
    £0.00 on drinks [I'd have something before I came If neccesary, i'd rarely buy drinks at clubs]

typical night out cost £3 - £5

In summer this would go down even more as i'd not need my coat so wouldn't need to pay cloakroom fee's

people might call me cheap,but I just don't see the point in spending like £30 - £50 each time you go clubbing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    If only I could get a pizza on the way home for £3.50 :coma:

you and your pizza's man........

you're like some kind of Pizza connoisseur

tell me, what's your record for the all you can eat Pizzahut lunchtime Buffet?

ReputationRep:
    Like £20, usually get drunk enough at pre drinks before and just get a few drinks while I'm there :cheers:

(Original post by ANM775)
    £0.00 on drinks [I'd have something before I came If neccesary, i'd rarely buy drinks at clubs]
    9:30? That's so dead, free entry usually for me is usually before 11:30, and even then most people don't get there until like 12-1 :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KaylaB)
    Like £20, usually get drunk enough at pre drinks before and just get a few drinks while I'm there :cheers:

9:30? That's so dead, free entry usually for me is usually before 11:30, and even then most people don't get there until like 12-1 :eek:

yeah depends on the club tbh, some don't get lively until like 12PM +

I'd say the place I usually go to starts picking up around 11PM usually

ReputationRep:
    typical night out fee's when i lived in London and went clubbing in Central

£1.50 travel [I would usually not pay on the bendy busses so this would reduce my travel costs]
    £2.00 cloak room fee's [pretty much all clubs charge this]

typical night out cost £3 - £5

In summer this would go down even more as i'd not need my coat so wouldn't need to pay cloakroom fee's

people might call me cheap,but I just don't see the point in spending like £30 - £50 each time you go clubbing
    I'd say cheap, if you're not enjoying yourself by spending so little.

Who agrees to go to a club at 9.30pm? Most people are starting pre drinks at that time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    I'd say cheap, if you're not enjoying yourself by spending so little.

Who agrees to go to a club at 9.30pm? Most people are starting pre drinks at that time.

My Asian friend and I usually go at that time.

tbh sometimes he buys me a drink.

I'd say sometimes it can be a bit boring waiting for things to pick up, but meh ...i'd rather be a little bored for an hour or so than pay out.

ReputationRep:
    Are you both Gujjus

Ayyylmao

My Asian friend and I usually go at that time.

tbh sometimes he buys me a drink.

I'd say sometimes it can be a bit boring waiting for things to pick up, but meh ...i'd rather be a little bored for an hour or so than pay out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    Are you both Gujjus

Ayyylmao

nah, I'm black ...and he's east Asian

ReputationRep:
    Only the entry fee and the costs to get there.
    My friends seem to have developed a habit of buying drinks for me whenever we go out lol
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    you and your pizza's man........

you're like some kind of Pizza connoisseur

tell me, what's your record for the all you can eat Pizzahut lunchtime Buffet?
    Pizza is life :coma:

I'll always be more proud of being able to polish off an entire 20" pizza from the local Turkish takeaway than anything else pizza-related
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    £100

50-170, excluding taxis and pre-drinks.

As a group, it's not so hard to spend 1k because bottles in nice clubs cost a lot. People spend such amounts when they buy bottles for their whole group, I see this happening a lot at graduation parties (maybe they spend even more). I'm not sure what to think about it. In this specific case it seems justified, and in general I don't like criticising people on how they spend their money. 1000£ isn't even in the really excessive range, I've heard about 80-150k bills in Porto Cervo and Monte Carlo... if they can afford it, who cares?.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndrewSCO)
    And what do you think about someone spending £1000 on one night out in a club?
    they must have money to burn...

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.