Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi
    My mums pregnant with baby number 4 after 12 years since having my younger brother. She's currently 11 weeks and only a couple of days ago she spotting but then she started to have a heavy flow like a period. she's also been getting severe pain in her abdomen and back. We've seen the doctor but all they have said that nothing can be presummed until she has a ultrasound, which she will be having tommorow. However i have googled all her syptoms and all tahts coming up is miscarriage do you guys think the same?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    It does sound like a miscarriage but I have heard of women bleeding heavily during pregnancy (sometimes even bleeding heavily every month like a period) and everything turned out to be fine but usually, heavy bleeding and not just spotting is something to be concerned about during pregnancy. I hope all goes well tomorrow with your mum's ultrasound :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Might be - but my mom also bled a lot up to month 5 while she was pregnant with me and I obviously wasn't miscarried, so everything might be fine as well.
    Best wishes with the ultrasound 🙏🏻

(Original post by Spock's Socks)
    It does sound like a miscarriage but I have heard of women bleeding heavily during pregnancy (sometimes even bleeding heavily every month like a period) and everything turned out to be fine but usually, heavy bleeding and not just spotting is something to be concerned about during pregnancy. I hope all goes well tomorrow with your mum's ultrasound :hugs:
    Hey, just as i expected, my mum went back to hospital a couple of hours ago she said she felt like she was in labour, and she's had a miscarriage, but thank you for your wishes

(Original post by silver001)
    Might be - but my mom also bled a lot up to month 5 while she was pregnant with me and I obviously wasn't miscarried, so everything might be fine as well.
    Best wishes with the ultrasound 🙏🏻
    Hi, my mum went back to the hospital a couple of hours ago because she said she felt like she was in labour, and unfortunately she has miscarried, but thank you for your wishes
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi, my mum went back to the hospital a couple of hours ago because she said she felt like she was in labour, and unfortunately she has miscarried, but thank you for your wishes
    :hugs:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    So sorry to hear this thinking of you and your family :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm terribly sorry 😔

(Original post by cupcakes87)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.