ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm currently doing an access course at the University of Liverpool, and there is a scholarship called the "Liverpool Excellence Scholarship" which gives you an extra £2000 per term or something.

It's achieved by getting all As, or a Distinction or 1st on access courses.

I'm just at that point where I'm about to pick my firm choice of uni on UCAS, and I want to know if this scholarship is exclusive to the University of Liverpool, or whether other universities in Liverpool are eligible.

I want to study in Liverpool Hope University because they do a course that the UoL don't do, which is a Psych/Soc 50/50, but if I don't get the extra £2000 I'll be picking the UoL because I'll need the support.

So does anyone know about this?
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArtemisLogic)
    Hi, I'm currently doing an access course at the University of Liverpool, and there is a scholarship called the "Liverpool Excellence Scholarship" which gives you an extra £2000 per term or something.

I'm just at that point where I'm about to pick my firm choice of uni on UCAS, and I want to know if this scholarship is exclusive to the University of Liverpool, or whether other universities in Liverpool are eligible.

I want to study in Liverpool Hope University because they do a course that the UoL don't do, which is a Psych/Soc 50/50, but if I don't get the extra £2000 I'll be picking the UoL because I'll need the support.

https://www.hope.ac.uk/undergraduate.../scholarships/
    https://www.hope.ac.uk/media/liverpo...a,58289,en.pdf

NB. Amounts may vary in subsequent years.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArtemisLogic)

I believe that the Excellence Scholarship is being discontinued at Liverpool next year, but you will have to enquire about this. Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edminzodo)
    I believe that the Excellence Scholarship is being discontinued at Liverpool next year, but you will have to enquire about this. Best of luck!
    Hi, can I ask how you know this please?

Also, if I've already been receiving the excellence scholarship, would it's discontinuation still apply to me?
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AliRizzo)
    Hi, can I ask how you know this please?

Also, if I've already been receiving the excellence scholarship, would it's discontinuation still apply to me?
    It's not listed on the website for scholarships this year at UoL. If you already have the scholarship it should be fine, as long as you meet the level required, but it's not transferrable between the universities.

ReputationRep:
    It's not listed on the website for scholarships this year at UoL. If you already have the scholarship it should be fine, as long as you meet the level required, but it's not transferrable between the universities.
    Yeh that was my initial thought too after not seeing it listed on the website. I achieved the required 70% this year so I'm guessing I should be fine then. Thanks for your reply mate.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AliRizzo)
    Yeh that was my initial thought too after not seeing it listed on the website. I achieved the required 70% this year so I'm guessing I should be fine then. Thanks for your reply mate.
    Did you receive the scholarship this year, though?

ReputationRep:
    Did you receive the scholarship this year, though?
    Yes

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered welcome lounge threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.