Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Short Stories from Pictures - CheeseIsVeg's Entry for TSR's Got Talent 2017 Watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Bonsoir :wavey:

So after having moderate success with my contribution to Rhythmical's TSR Storytelling thread and having this idea originally just before la fin de 2016 (UWS is credited for this inspiration) I shall attempt to write a short little story about a picture.
    To challenge myself further, I want to expand the genre that I write in so that it is not the same each time.
    I tend to write action/thriller/romance stories so it would not hurt to try a bit of fantasy etc.

Spoiler about my 'talent'
    Spoiler:
    Show

I published a crap book in year 6 after a business entreprise week, it's so bad just forget I mentioned it :rofl:
    Have been writing short stories since year 5
    In year 8 my group was selected to represent my class on a speech I wrote about animals, it contained a lot of puns :rofl:
    Was half blackmailed to take English at A-level by my teacher after my GCSE coursework of a speech on why "Scotland is better than England" Spock's Socks :rofl:

Would really love any recommendations/constructive criticism and you can even write your own because it would be awesome to read another's take on the same image!

This shall require some audience participation as I will require some pictures!
    -Nothing inappropriate please
    -No memes
    -The clearer/HQ the better
    -Features of interest are not necessarily required (ie: it could just be a peice of scenery, not necessarily a figure/animal/building etc.)

The Twist:
    I am not to allow myself to write a story unless I've done some violin practice.
    This could quite likely mean that I never write one but I really need to motivate myself and I do enjoy a bit of writing so I hope this tactic shall work :holmes:

I promised UWS that he could post the first picture so until I've that and done some violin, thou shalt not view my 'talent' of some sort :rofl:

Hope you're well :grouphugs: ,
    Cheese

Story 1 - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...10&postcount=5
    Story 2 - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...4&postcount=20
    Story 3 - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...6&postcount=22
    Story 4 -
    Story 5 -
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Wooooo

Okay here goes

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Wooooo

Okay here goes

Feeling optimistic, I think I'll probably do some practice tomorrow and so I'll write this at some point from Wednesday-onwards
    THANKS UWS :woo:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Reminding myself to do this one as I practised my violin yesterday :ahee:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:

Story 1 - Tabatha Leaves Tori
    Tori's hands smell absolutely repulsive.
    I mean, what on Earth has she been handling? I honestly dread to know.
    Ever since I entered this place, this veterinary care centre, I did not know what to expect, but the reeking stench of some kind of chemical always came from when Tori handled me.
    Great. Just lick your hands, problem solved. Jeez. Did your Mumma not teach you that?

I've been in the centre for a while now. It's become familiar. The small little space I have to my own has become monotonous. Just like everywhere eventually does. As a kitten, even my home became dull. Tires you out wandering around the same room, drinking from the same bowl, being asked only to go around the house because further away is effort and I don't get food.

Oh and I sleep lots too; sleeping is great. I bet Tori doesn't know what that is. She is silly, she'd make a bad cat.

"Tabatha, stop scratching your sisters"
    I do miss Mumma. I do miss life before it happened. However, things happen and I'm now at this place.
    I'm still not sure how I got here, I mean I have my theories.
    All I know is that I have ended up in the care of Tori.
    I know I should be thankful, in a sense - yes I am - however Tori is just a bit, well, she's Tori...

She spilt milk on my face before. She gave me dog food once. She even gave the cat next to me a bath when it was my turn.
    Well done Tori.

Anyway, back to Tori's hands. I'm in them, that's me. They gave me a name: Tabatha. Personally I think Tabs is cooler, the cat next door calls me that. I don't know their name. I never learnt it.

Today Tori took me out of my little blue space. She fed me some really nice treats, so I thought something exceptional was happening. I was correct in my thinking.
    She put this cloth thing around me. At first it was rather uncomfortable, but I adjusted to its feeling.

I've now been in her hands for a small while. Infront of more people like Tori, but without uniforms.
    Two were smaller. Two the same as Tori but one had more hair. Hair around the top of them and the edges of their face. I'd not seen one of these people before. Did their hands smell as bad as Tori's? I was about to find out.

That was the last I saw of Tori.

I aim to do some more violin practise tomorrow so I shall require another picture Edminzodo or BookBird may want to give one? Anyone is free to have their take on this photo too!
    I hope you enjoyed the first story and are doing well! :jumphug:
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)

Story 1 - Tabatha Leaves Tori
    Tori's hands smell absolutely repulsive.
    I mean, what on Earth has she been handling? I honestly dread to know.
    Ever since I entered this place, this veterinary care centre, I did not know what to expect, but the reeking stench of some kind of chemical always came from when Tori handled me.
    Great. Just lick your hands, problem solved. Jeez. Did your Mumma not teach you that?

I've been in the centre for a while now. It's become familiar. The small little space I have to my own has become monotonous. Just like everywhere eventually does. As a kitten, even my home became dull. Tires you out wandering around the same room, drinking from the same bowl, being asked only to go around the house because further away is effort and I don't get food.

Oh and I sleep lots too; sleeping is great. I bet Tori doesn't know what that is. She is silly, she'd make a bad cat.

"Tabatha, stop scratching your sisters"
    I do miss Mumma. I do miss life before it happened. However, things happen and I'm now at this place.
    I'm still not sure how I got here, I mean I have my theories.
    All I know is that I have ended up in the care of Tori.
    I know I should be thankful, in a sense - yes I am - however Tori is just a bit, well, she's Tori...

She spilt milk on my face before. She gave me dog food once. She even gave the cat next to me a bath when it was my turn.
    Well done Tori.

Anyway, back to Tori's hands. I'm in them, that's me. They gave me a name: Tabatha. Personally I think Tabs is cooler, the cat next door calls me that. I don't know their name. I never learnt it.

Today Tori took me out of my little blue space. She fed me some really nice treats, so I thought something exceptional was happening. I was correct in my thinking.
    She put this cloth thing around me. At first it was rather uncomfortable, but I adjusted to its feeling.

I've now been in her hands for a small while. Infront of more people like Tori, but without uniforms.
    Two were smaller. Two the same as Tori but one had more hair. Hair around the top of them and the edges of their face. I'd not seen one of these people before. Did their hands smell as bad as Tori's? I was about to find out.

That was the last I saw of Tori.

I aim to do some more violin practise tomorrow so I shall require another picture Edminzodo or BookBird may want to give one? Anyone is free to have their take on this photo too!
    I hope you enjoyed the first story and are doing well! :jumphug:
    very detailed story, youd make a good cat cheese
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    :toofunny: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH thanks MR! I have some initial ideas for this one already ahahahaha
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Do you take gifs? :awesome:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    Do you take gifs? :awesome:
    Not thought of this but why not, eh?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Not thought of this but why not, eh?
    Yay! :woo: Will get back to you on this. :yep:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestShadow)
    very detailed story, youd make a good cat cheese
    Ikr
    ahahaha thanks Mr Shadow :mmm:
    Tag me in your talent !!!!!!! :woo:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Yay! :woo: Will get back to you on this. :yep:
    Thanks Airmed! I might be able to predict your gif though :rofl:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Airmed! I might be able to predict your gif though :rofl:
    If you are thinking of that one, I think it would make a fabulous storyline, ok?!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    If you are thinking of that one, I think it would make a fabulous storyline, ok?!
    :toofunny: I love you XD
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    :toofunny: I love you XD
    ily2 :lovehug:
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Pinta tonight CheeseIsVeg? You always attract more of a crowd than me.:sadnod:
    If we wanted to have fun with a big game, you could always mention it at the bottom of your story after to be continued or whatever, just say:
    join me for pinta, and link to the post.
    Just a thought. If you're busy then RIP.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    Pinta tonight CheeseIsVeg? You always attract more of a crowd than me.:sadnod:
    If we wanted to have fun with a big game, you could always mention it at the bottom of your story after to be continued or whatever, just say:
    join me for pinta, and link to the post.
    Just a thought. If you're busy then RIP.
    Yes, maybe in 15-20 minutes? :P
    :jumphug:
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Yes, maybe in 15-20 minutes? :P
    :jumphug:
    Perfect. I await your mention
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:

Jerry was Chief of the Pasejt Tribe. He woke up from his chamber underneath the hill, he washed his face. His dwelling was almost a Biblical scene as he rolled away the stone from infront of the entrance. He was met by his brother, James, “morning Jerry, sleep well?”

“Well enough”, he grumbled, “any reports from the Abrez?” The Abrez were the neighbouring group of Zebra whom shared their food resource – the banana trees. Jerry had once caught James talking to Persephone, the Princess of the Abrez Tribe, near the banana trees. They seemed happy, he did not intervene. He was busy with the business of the Tribe, as ever.

“Nothing, all is good, breakfast’ll be soon”.

Back Jerry went, to fetch his paint. He needed to retain the traditions of that of the Chief of the Tribe.

He commenced with the white paint. A symbol of calmness, of purity and apparently of peace. Jerry preferred that of “purity”. He slapped the stuff on, firstly his face. Then his chest and shoulders.

Next the red paint, the least touched. A streak in the centre of the forehead and chest. Red to show that of seriousness and bloodlust. Their Tribe was notably violent but their recent alliance with the Abrez Tribe was to change that.

Jerry looked at his reflection on a pool of water on the floor from when he washed his face earlier. He looked like his Mother with the markings of his father. They would be proud.

He stepped out of his chamber and realised that something was not quite right.

The land was quiet.

He sensed some movement to his left. His eyes swiftly locked on to this ‘thing’.

It was Ghrzad, a Zebra. The rumoured suitor to Persephone, with the lifeless body of James in his mouth.

Jerry grumbled and searched for his spear...

Airmed Next picture/gif please! :ahee:

I have done violin practice 3 times and so can write 2 more stories

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 2, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.