Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Short Stories from Pictures - CheeseIsVeg's Entry for TSR's Got Talent 2017 Watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestShadow)
    heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

youre back

how was your break?? :holmes:
    :hello:
    Was ok
    been up n down lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    :hello:
    Was ok
    been up n down lol
    oh no, not the rollercoaster esque drops :gasp: msg me if you want
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    oh no, not the rollercoaster esque drops :gasp: msg me if you want
    Goodluck, I'll be on later, got to physics this day out :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Goodluck, I'll be on later, got to physics this day out :mmm:
    go on you strong soul power through it! This is my last day of Easter break anyway :lol:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    :bump: Please send more pictures for me to write about as the competition has been extended by 2 weeks :O
    :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    PerplexingGeode Your story is the hardest so far so it's being touched up.
    Story idea came from my Decision 1 maths paper, it's going to be great :rofl:

ForestShadow, posting yours later today.

Plagioclase possibly posting yours later today if I think it's good enough. The grammar is a bit
    I like this story the most but it is the longest...

:bump: Please send more pictures for me to write about as the competition has been extended by 2 weeks :O

Hope you're well
    Cheese

:jumphug: YOURE BACK!!!! :woo:

How was lent????

We missed you :cry:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    PerplexingGeode Your story is the hardest so far so it's being touched up.
    Story idea came from my Decision 1 maths paper, it's going to be great :rofl:

ForestShadow, posting yours later today.

Plagioclase possibly posting yours later today if I think it's good enough. The grammar is a bit
    I like this story the most but it is the longest...

Hope you're well
    Cheese
    Konnichiwa, Cheese! I can speak on behalf of TSR that we have all missed you! :hugs: I know it will be great, you are made for great things!

I hope you are okay!

:hugs::five:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    go on you strong soul power through it! This is my last day of Easter break anyway :lol:
    I was doing so well until my tutee interrupted with silly questions :cry:
    Hope you are doing better lol :hugs:
    I have this week left :hide:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    :awesome:
    FABULOUS, cheers AJ :hugs:
    (Original post by Bezoar)
    :jumphug: YOURE BACK!!!! :woo:

How was lent????

We missed you :cry:
    Oh yus
    Btw u owe me a picture to write about hmmm

Omg Bezoar :cry2:
    :cube: missed you :')
    Lent was hard

No u didn't, no lying
    (Original post by Airmed)
    I actually love u so much like
    That is so my wavelength :fan:
    (Original post by PerplexingGeode)
    Konnichiwa, Cheese! I can speak on behalf of TSR that we have all missed you! :hugs: I know it will be great, you are made for great things!

I hope you are okay!

:hugs::five:
    :jumphug: PG!!!!!!!!!!
    Been ok just v busy, one day I'll reply to ur email :')
    How've you been?

ReputationRep:
    I was doing so well until my tutee interrupted with silly questions :cry:
    Hope you are doing better lol :hugs:
    I have this week left :hide:

FABULOUS, cheers AJ :hugs:

Oh yus
    Btw u owe me a picture to write about hmmm

Omg Bezoar :cry2:
    :cube: missed you :'
    Lent was hard

No u didn't, no lying

I actually love u so much like
    That is so my wavelength :fan:

:jumphug: PG!!!!!!!!!!
    Been ok just v busy, one day I'll reply to ur email :'
    How've you been?
    :hugs::jumphug:
    That is good to hear, and no worries - reply when you feel up to it!
    I am okay, have had better days though! :hugs:

:moon:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:

Maxwell Stanford had everything.

His house was full of bling.

Wives that were pretty, friends that were witty.

His name known, he had others get his lawn mown.

Yet he lacked the nitty gritty.

One morning

He woke up, little he knew of a revolution dawning

Max phoned friends he had in all the right places, yet they knew of his many faces.

A servant opened the door, and opened it some more

Yet Mr Stanford was not one for wild goose chases.

The morning after

Stanford Mansion was met with silent laughter

Maxwell woke all alone, there was nobody on the phone

He dressed well, outside he did yell

Yet Max was on his own.

ReputationRep:
    Maxwell Stanford had everything.

His house was full of bling.

Wives that were pretty, friends that were witty.

His name known, he had others get his lawn mown.

Yet he lacked the nitty gritty.

One morning

He woke up, little he knew of a revolution dawning

Max phoned friends he had in all the right places, yet they knew of his many faces.

A servant opened the door, and opened it some more

Yet Mr Stanford was not one for wild goose chases.

The morning after

Stanford Mansion was met with silent laughter

Maxwell woke all alone, there was nobody on the phone

He dressed well, outside he did yell

Yet Max was on his own.
    PRSOM damn that was so good, love the rhyme and vocab used, I do feel like Maxwell Stanford sometimes xD
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    PRSOM damn that was so good, love the rhyme and vocab used, I do feel like Maxwell Stanford sometimes xD
    Glad you liked it :ahee:
    Do you now? :rofl:
    Anyway, am off to bed, tune in for another story tomorrow :hat2:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Penguins please!

Will find a picture later :moon:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    Penguins please!

Will find a picture later :moon:
    Of course! :penguin:
    Can't wait :woo:
    :penguinhug:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:

“Sandy’s Log Entry #1413 01/08/2018

August begins today and it’s snowing?

On the way to work today I noticed how weird the weather has been acting. Sven (that meteorologist, slightly hunky ) has frequented the observatory more often since the strange stuff all started.

Ugh right so if you’re new to this then I should probably fill you in, right? That’s what sensible people do. Been a while since I did something sensible so let’s try that.

I live near the coast. Yesterday the phone signals went completely crazy. Had to “internet” everyone instead of texting or calling, though that was on its way out anyway. TVs and satellites were partly down. I had loads of you lot commenting with crazy explanations, but nobody really knows what happened.

Sven was the first to arrive at the observatory as I was the first to find out that the stars had gone. I’m expecting a flood of other scientists to come and look concerned for a bit before confirming my results *insert extremely smug face here*.

Of course I could be wrong but I’m quite sure I’m not.

This morning I left the house at the usual time and as quite the polar opposite to yesterday’s average of 70°F for August here, it was 35.6°F!!!
    That’s quite chilly; I’ve never thought I’d need the emergency heat blanket but boy was I glad to have it handy!
    Quite surprised, I arrived at the observatory and hopped into my seat to see whether the night sky had anything exciting to offer me.

Silence.

There was nothing. It was dead, a vast dark abyss of nothing (like the amount of action I’m getting *yawn*). No black bodies – just blackness?

Thankfully the phones had miraculously returned to functioning just under a day after they suddenly stopped. I reached for that and dialled for Sven, he did a monthly visit to the observatory for his project and he was the first person I thought to dial (he’s also kinda cute :P). “

“Ma’am do we have a transcript?”

“Just ruddy call me Stef, Martyn. Of course, allow me to read it out,” Stef cleared her throat.

“’Sven, it’s me – Sandy I-‘

‘Yes I am capable of reading the caller information, is this urgent? I’m in the middle of studying the composition of these rather fascinating clouds.’

‘Sven, is it snowing where you are?’

‘No, it is bloody August for heaven’s sake, are you seeing things?’

‘Sven, after this phone call I’ll send you an image’”

“Before you ask, Martyn, yes we do have the image”. Stef, CIA handed a photo to Detective Martyn .

“Interesting, now pray continue with the reading of the transcript, I believe the next part is of particular interest”.

“’Okay. Are you sure you’re alright? I’m not due to come over for a few weeks yet.

‘Sven can you come, after you see the image. You need to see this. It’s the sky above the observatory –it’s completely pitch black

_

“Sven?’”

“The phone conversation ends there, Stef hung up at 22:21. The blog continues, shall I –“

Martyn interrupted Stef, “Wait, did they exchange any other messages on the social media platform?”

“Sandy sent the image to Sven with the words “Come to the Observatory as soon as possible. Tell any scientists or any others around you to follow soon after. I know it is late, but this could be a vital indicator to whatever is happening at the moment.

Sven replied with “Ok, I’m coming as fast as I can”.”

“Right, back to the blog then”.

“After Sven was convinced that I’d found something big and weird he headed on over. Of course he lives an hour away (I know, sad times right?) so in the meantime I emailed a tonne of sciencey (or should I just say geeky?) friends and colleagues who may have possibly been able to shed a light on the matter at hand (hehe shed a light, get it? That’s funny right? Someone’s Dad is secretly laughing).

My German correspondent had heard of nothing like this. My friends in the USA had asked NASA to do an investigation and check to see if anyone else had experienced something like this. What was happening? Why was it happening to me?

Sven eventually arrived once I’d got quite scared about the whole situation. It was ridiculous-o-clock, something like 23:40 when he arrived, but I was just thankful for his company really.
    The figures didn’t lie. The readings I’d been getting from the radiotelecopes either side of the observatory itself suggested that this darkness above us was an object.

The signals had been bounced around it but were the same frequency as recorded before. Strange. It can’t possibly be, but Sven agreed with me (that rhymed ). We’d each done the calculation and come to the same conclusion. In all my time at the Observatory I’d not seen too much like this.

Aliens?

No joke, maybe it’s just our way of saying we’ve no idea what this object is so it’s gotta be a UFO. My old physic teacher used to make that joke. It’s not funny anymore. Professor Michealiz, wtf is this thing, please tell me and make me draw a diagram of it and label the parts or whatever ok.

But what if it was?

At this point Sven and I were expecting some other company. He must be sick of me, poor dude rushed here after thinking about a good night’s sleep. GAH.

A couple of cars pulled up, I recognised them, one was of Mia Crafter, astrophysicist at my Uni, doing a PHD, the smart one. She came out and headed towards us, accompanied by some other student-looking people and nerdy-looking people. We need all the help we can get!

The other 2 cars must’ve been Sven’s people as he went to the window to give them a wave.

But they never reached us.

We just watched as Mia ran at high speed and suddenly collapsed, as if an invisible barrier had prevented her from reaching us. Don’t look so smart now, eh?
    The others had seen this happen, one guy tried to nurse her back to health but no sign of consciousness was apparent. I cried out and ran out of the Observatory to help, maybe it’s just the other side that can’t get in? Sven followed, he wanted to make sure his group didn’t do the same.

I found out that MrNerd.com/ThatGuyWithMia was Jamie, apparently they are engaged (CUTE – thanks a lot for telling me – Mia :I). I reached out for her but Sven stopped me, his firm grip on my hand painful, I drew it back and he said he’d try first (can’t complain, maybe he thinks I’m cute or maybe he thinks being the astrophysicist I’m worth saving? I’ll take it as a compliment hehe.).

Boom. No he had no luck but we were able to see the glimmer of the dome around the Observatory. I got Mark and Stewart, Mia’s fellow student friends, to try to measure the radius of the enclosure through prodding it (we haven’t the time for technical terms :P). This would determine whether or not it was related to the radius of the darkness above the observatory.

I also got Jamie to grab the first aid kit from my car (perks of being insanely prepared for every possible scenario ) as it was parked outside of the dome).
    Dunno what Sven was doing at this point, I can hope that he was secretly crying for what could have been the end of my hand as I know it :’).

Anyway. We found a correlation between the radius of the darkness above and the “extremely weird force-field” is how Sven put it (I like it). Apparently Chloe the Chemist (Sven keeps eyeing her > ) is going to analyse what it is, she’s gone back to get some instruments and people I don’t know, whatever.

Someone had called for an ambulance as Mia and Jamie were gone.

We’d spoken to the guys outside for quite some time and have been taking it in turns to run things by them and then by the systems we have in the observatory.

Also we’re out of coffee and I hate aliens.

Ciao for now, I need sleep.

Sandy

P.S We come in peace and all that crap.”

-

“How long has the crater been there with respect to how long ago that was posted online?”

“3.25 hours and 38 seconds”

“Any survivors?”

“3 and 1 in a critical condition in hospital.”

“And the UFO?”

“Look up.”

Spoiler:
    Show

Special thanks to 04MR17 UWS XOR_ and W. A. Mozart for your help with this! Hopefully it's not too different but easier to follow than the original XD

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Can not cope with two essays in half an hour from you! will read tomorrow if i remember, looks so good. Also how did i forget the penguin picture
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    “Sandy’s Log Entry #1413 01/08/2018

August begins today and it’s snowing?

On the way to work today I noticed how weird the weather has been acting. Sven (that meteorologist, slightly hunky ) has frequented the observatory more often since the strange stuff all started.

Ugh right so if you’re new to this then I should probably fill you in, right? That’s what sensible people do. Been a while since I did something sensible so let’s try that.

I live near the coast. Yesterday the phone signals went completely crazy. Had to “internet” everyone instead of texting or calling, though that was on its way out anyway. TVs and satellites were partly down. I had loads of you lot commenting with crazy explanations, but nobody really knows what happened.

Sven was the first to arrive at the observatory as I was the first to find out that the stars had gone. I’m expecting a flood of other scientists to come and look concerned for a bit before confirming my results *insert extremely smug face here*.

Of course I could be wrong but I’m quite sure I’m not.

This morning I left the house at the usual time and as quite the polar opposite to yesterday’s average of 70°F for August here, it was 35.6°F!!!
    That’s quite chilly; I’ve never thought I’d need the emergency heat blanket but boy was I glad to have it handy!
    Quite surprised, I arrived at the observatory and hopped into my seat to see whether the night sky had anything exciting to offer me.

Silence.

There was nothing. It was dead, a vast dark abyss of nothing (like the amount of action I’m getting *yawn*). No black bodies – just blackness?

Thankfully the phones had miraculously returned to functioning just under a day after they suddenly stopped. I reached for that and dialled for Sven, he did a monthly visit to the observatory for his project and he was the first person I thought to dial (he’s also kinda cute :P). “

“Ma’am do we have a transcript?”

“Just ruddy call me Stef, Martyn. Of course, allow me to read it out,” Stef cleared her throat.

“’Sven, it’s me – Sandy I-‘

‘Yes I am capable of reading the caller information, is this urgent? I’m in the middle of studying the composition of these rather fascinating clouds.’

‘Sven, is it snowing where you are?’

‘No, it is bloody August for heaven’s sake, are you seeing things?’

‘Sven, after this phone call I’ll send you an image’”

“Before you ask, Martyn, yes we do have the image”. Stef, CIA handed a photo to Detective Martyn .

“Interesting, now pray continue with the reading of the transcript, I believe the next part is of particular interest”.

“’Okay. Are you sure you’re alright? I’m not due to come over for a few weeks yet.

‘Sven can you come, after you see the image. You need to see this. It’s the sky above the observatory –it’s completely pitch black

_

“Sven?’”

“The phone conversation ends there, Stef hung up at 22:21. The blog continues, shall I –“

Martyn interrupted Stef, “Wait, did they exchange any other messages on the social media platform?”

“Sandy sent the image to Sven with the words “Come to the Observatory as soon as possible. Tell any scientists or any others around you to follow soon after. I know it is late, but this could be a vital indicator to whatever is happening at the moment.

Sven replied with “Ok, I’m coming as fast as I can”.”

“Right, back to the blog then”.

“After Sven was convinced that I’d found something big and weird he headed on over. Of course he lives an hour away (I know, sad times right?) so in the meantime I emailed a tonne of sciencey (or should I just say geeky?) friends and colleagues who may have possibly been able to shed a light on the matter at hand (hehe shed a light, get it? That’s funny right? Someone’s Dad is secretly laughing).

My German correspondent had heard of nothing like this. My friends in the USA had asked NASA to do an investigation and check to see if anyone else had experienced something like this. What was happening? Why was it happening to me?

Sven eventually arrived once I’d got quite scared about the whole situation. It was ridiculous-o-clock, something like 23:40 when he arrived, but I was just thankful for his company really.
    The figures didn’t lie. The readings I’d been getting from the radiotelecopes either side of the observatory itself suggested that this darkness above us was an object.

The signals had been bounced around it but were the same frequency as recorded before. Strange. It can’t possibly be, but Sven agreed with me (that rhymed ). We’d each done the calculation and come to the same conclusion. In all my time at the Observatory I’d not seen too much like this.

Aliens?

No joke, maybe it’s just our way of saying we’ve no idea what this object is so it’s gotta be a UFO. My old physic teacher used to make that joke. It’s not funny anymore. Professor Michealiz, wtf is this thing, please tell me and make me draw a diagram of it and label the parts or whatever ok.

But what if it was?

At this point Sven and I were expecting some other company. He must be sick of me, poor dude rushed here after thinking about a good night’s sleep. GAH.

A couple of cars pulled up, I recognised them, one was of Mia Crafter, astrophysicist at my Uni, doing a PHD, the smart one. She came out and headed towards us, accompanied by some other student-looking people and nerdy-looking people. We need all the help we can get!

The other 2 cars must’ve been Sven’s people as he went to the window to give them a wave.

But they never reached us.

We just watched as Mia ran at high speed and suddenly collapsed, as if an invisible barrier had prevented her from reaching us. Don’t look so smart now, eh?
    The others had seen this happen, one guy tried to nurse her back to health but no sign of consciousness was apparent. I cried out and ran out of the Observatory to help, maybe it’s just the other side that can’t get in? Sven followed, he wanted to make sure his group didn’t do the same.

I found out that MrNerd.com/ThatGuyWithMia was Jamie, apparently they are engaged (CUTE – thanks a lot for telling me – Mia :I). I reached out for her but Sven stopped me, his firm grip on my hand painful, I drew it back and he said he’d try first (can’t complain, maybe he thinks I’m cute or maybe he thinks being the astrophysicist I’m worth saving? I’ll take it as a compliment hehe.).

Boom. No he had no luck but we were able to see the glimmer of the dome around the Observatory. I got Mark and Stewart, Mia’s fellow student friends, to try to measure the radius of the enclosure through prodding it (we haven’t the time for technical terms :P). This would determine whether or not it was related to the radius of the darkness above the observatory.

I also got Jamie to grab the first aid kit from my car (perks of being insanely prepared for every possible scenario ) as it was parked outside of the dome).
    Dunno what Sven was doing at this point, I can hope that he was secretly crying for what could have been the end of my hand as I know it :’).

Anyway. We found a correlation between the radius of the darkness above and the “extremely weird force-field” is how Sven put it (I like it). Apparently Chloe the Chemist (Sven keeps eyeing her > ) is going to analyse what it is, she’s gone back to get some instruments and people I don’t know, whatever.

Someone had called for an ambulance as Mia and Jamie were gone.

We’d spoken to the guys outside for quite some time and have been taking it in turns to run things by them and then by the systems we have in the observatory.

Also we’re out of coffee and I hate aliens.

Ciao for now, I need sleep.

Sandy

P.S We come in peace and all that crap.”

-

“How long has the crater been there with respect to how long ago that was posted online?”

“3.25 hours and 38 seconds”

“Any survivors?”

“3 and 1 in a critical condition in hospital.”

“And the UFO?”

“Look up.”

Spoiler:
    Show

Special thanks to 04MR17 UWS XOR_ and W. A. Mozart for your help with this! Hopefully it's not too different but easier to follow than the original XD

Good stuff! Reminds me of the plot of one of my favourite new anime series that started this month - big 2km impenetrable cube shows up, trapping some people inside, while the government and military 'prod' it from the outside with drones and missiles. Cause was a life form from another dimension. :zomg:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Good stuff! Reminds me of the plot of one of my favourite new anime series that started this month - big 2km impenetrable cube shows up, trapping some people inside, while the government and military 'prod' it from the outside with drones and missiles. Cause was a life form from another dimension. :zomg:
    Alien ufos >>>>> cubes :flute:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Alien ufos >>>>> cubes :flute:
    :giggle:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 2, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.