Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Short Stories from Pictures - CheeseIsVeg's Entry for TSR's Got Talent 2017 Watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    Can not cope with two essays in half an hour from you! will read tomorrow if i remember, looks so good. Also how did i forget the penguin picture
    Penguins :woo::hugs:
    I hope u like it :emo: I don't want to waste your time
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    :giggle:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Name:  funny_rabbits_1.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  49.3 KB

:ninja:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    This is very much a silly story and may or may not make a load of sense.
    Anyway, this one is based upon some text in one of my Maths (Decision 1) papers :rofl: You might be able to pick it out :mmm:
    Enjoy:
    (Original post by PerplexingGeode)
    *insert cheese emoticon here* I deemed this to be a very appropriate topic image for you, Cheese:

:awesome:

:moon:

Cyril the squirrel lives in the forest. He wants to start from his drey and check each nesting box to see whether he has stored any nuts there as he is a forgetful squirrel, before returning to his drey. Cyril is a vain squirrel, so he wants to use the footpaths so that people can see him. However he is also a very lazy squirrel, so he would like to check the boxes in the shortest distance possible.

Checking location E in the forest, Cyril came across something rather peculiar.

Chunks of cheese?

How strange, thought Cyril. Hey ho, better take some for the family!
    He approached the cheese chunks, arms outstretched, he couldn’t carry the whole thing, what if he just took that little corner –

“RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAR”

Cyril backflipped on himself in shock. HOLY MOTHER OF –

The Cheese was coming towards him, teeth baring. It wanted revenge.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Due to the indecisive nature of this young man, I based this story upon Mr Shakespeare :love:
    Enjoy!

(Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    :awesome:
    To be, or not to be: that is the question:
    Weather it is fairer in the sky to see
    The sun's rays and scolding heat of infrared,
    Or to take shelter against a sea of pebbles,
    And by escaping end them?
    To fly: to sleep;
    No more; and by a sleep to say we bend
    The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks
    That cream is heir to, ‘tis a consummation
    Devoutly to be wish’d.
    To fly, to sleep;To sleep: perchance to dream:
    ay, there’s the tub;
    For in that scoop of death what dreams may come
    When we have scoffed off this mortal coil,
    Must give us pause: there’s the respect
    That makes calamity of so long a life;
    For who would bear the whips and frost of time,
    Thus science does make cowards of us small;
    And thus the native hue of saturation
    Is sicklied o’er with the pale cast of carte d'or,
    And enterprises of great pith and moment
    With this regard their currents turn awry,
    And lose the name of action.—Soft you now!
    The fair Ice Cream! Bag thyself in the many horizons
    Be all my sins remember’d, for I will be as dismember'd
    To choose that of the chocolate cone
    As my very own
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    A funny short for you ff, no more essays this time :mmm:
    Name:  funny_rabbits_1.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  49.3 KB

:ninja:
    "Larry."
    "He's so totally out of it ahahhaha"
    "LARRY"
    Larry awoke, the glistening surface beneath his feet coming into view. He was home.
    "oh hi guys, whuh- whuht is goin oh ?"
    "looooool Larry do u remembah anytink?" Bert giggled
    "uh not really, erm did something happen?" Larry was worried now
    Peter looked at Bert
    "You got wasted at the party... Like sooooo totally out of it Larry." Peter went on, "you went off with someone and noone has seen you since just now"
    "oh, well, erm hi guys! Party rocked last night r-"
    "Larry" Bert looked right at him. "Larry look in this ice pool".
    Larry tried to get up, his legs just wouldn't agree with him. He hobbled over.
    "wot the hell."
    Larry burst out of the hut, hobbled outside of the ice hut. He was greeted by laughing penguins.
    Larry looked like an idiot.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    This one goes out to you, Airmed. You're fabulous :cube:

(Original post by Airmed)
    "Ah man this has been such a good day", Fred remarked. He held hands with Bart as they entered the last field on the way back to the village.
    "Yeah" sighed Bart, "thank you so much for -"
    "Not this again, Bart we've been through this, dear!" He stopped and brushed some of his hair behind his ear. "You don't need to thank me for everything. The truth is that it's fate or something to do with the stars or that big Guy up above us. It's not me whom you need to thank. Thank your ability to love, thank your ability to exist from wherever you believe that came from. You're incredible, Bart. There's no need to thank me."
    They embraced.
    "I can't believe they said yes to us. It's just been such a phenomenal day - I can't take it in. We become one in less than a year!!!!!!!!!!"
    Fred grasped Bart's hand and they started to walk again.
    "It's been incredible and it's only going to get better", he smiled.
    "OMG FRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!?!!"
    "Bart, what is it now?"
    "OUR SNAPCHAT STREAK WILL GO IF WE DON'T TAKE ONE NOW O-M-GGGG!"
    "Oh golly gosh, quick let's take one. Give us a pose Bart!"
    Bart walked up to a weird-ass blue box that was sitting on the edge of the field, parallel to the start of the old walls that founded their village. His hair swooshed in the wind, his blazer turned up slightly as he rested his elbow on the strange box and prepared to pose for a photo when -
    -"oooooooooarrrrrrrrrgh"
    "Bart!!" Fred rushed over to where Bart had fallen, the door of the strange box had opened. Bart had hit his head pretty hard. Fred cradled him in his arms as he reached for his phone.
    'Ah but it says this is a "Police phone box", if I just reach for the phone...' Fred reached for the phone and in doing so glimpsed the inside of the box.
    "Oh my"
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    And that marks the end of my entry!
    I hope you've enjoyed it as much as I've enjoyed writing it
    Massive thank you's to you lot for the images and Rhythmical for the idea :woo:
    Best of luck to all the candidates :grouphugs:

ReputationRep:
    You are so talented
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    This one goes out to you, Airmed. You're fabulous :cube:

"Ah man this has been such a good day", Fred remarked. He held hands with Bart as they entered the last field on the way back to the village.
    "Yeah" sighed Bart, "thank you so much for -"
    "Not this again, Bart we've been through this, dear!" He stopped and brushed some of his hair behind his ear. "You don't need to thank me for everything. The truth is that it's fate or something to do with the stars or that big Guy up above us. It's not me whom you need to thank. Thank your ability to love, thank your ability to exist from wherever you believe that came from. You're incredible, Bart. There's no need to thank me."
    They embraced.
    "I can't believe they said yes to us. It's just been such a phenomenal day - I can't take it in. We become one in less than a year!!!!!!!!!!"
    Fred grasped Bart's hand and they started to walk again.
    "It's been incredible and it's only going to get better", he smiled.
    "OMG FRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!?!!"
    "Bart, what is it now?"
    "OUR SNAPCHAT STREAK WILL GO IF WE DON'T TAKE ONE NOW O-M-GGGG!"
    "Oh golly gosh, quick let's take one. Give us a pose Bart!"
    Bart walked up to a weird-ass blue box that was sitting on the edge of the field, parallel to the start of the old walls that founded their village. His hair swooshed in the wind, his blazer turned up slightly as he rested his elbow on the strange box and prepared to pose for a photo when -
    -"oooooooooarrrrrrrrrgh"
    "Bart!!" Fred rushed over to where Bart had fallen, the door of the strange box had opened. Bart had hit his head pretty hard. Fred cradled him in his arms as he reached for his phone.
    'Ah but it says this is a "Police phone box", if I just reach for the phone...' Fred reached for the phone and in doing so glimpsed the inside of the box.
    "Oh my"
    Oh
    My
    God

I love it. :love:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emerald7770)
    You are so talented
    oi now, you are, not me :nope:
    :cube:

(Original post by Airmed)
    Oh
    My
    God

I love it. :love:
    :lovehug:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I have to admit these made me laugh :lol: the idea was amazing, and you've carried it out. Penguins are too :excited::penguin:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I have to admit these made me laugh :lol: the idea was amazing, and you've carried it out. Penguins are too :excited::penguin:
    Hehe
    Sorry for the lateness but révision :sad:
    Glad you liked it ff

ReputationRep:
    This is very much a silly story and may or may not make a load of sense.
    Anyway, this one is based upon some text in one of my Maths (Decision 1) papers :rofl: You might be able to pick it out :mmm:
    Enjoy:

Cyril the squirrel lives in the forest. He wants to start from his drey and check each nesting box to see whether he has stored any nuts there as he is a forgetful squirrel, before returning to his drey. Cyril is a vain squirrel, so he wants to use the footpaths so that people can see him. However he is also a very lazy squirrel, so he would like to check the boxes in the shortest distance possible.

Checking location E in the forest, Cyril came across something rather peculiar.

Chunks of cheese?

How strange, thought Cyril. Hey ho, better take some for the family!
    He approached the cheese chunks, arms outstretched, he couldn’t carry the whole thing, what if he just took that little corner –

“RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAR”

Cyril backflipped on himself in shock. HOLY MOTHER OF –

The Cheese was coming towards him, teeth baring. It wanted revenge.
    I love this, Cheese - the ending was unexpected and I love the use of the squirrel, Cyril (it rhymes! )Furthermore, you are a very apt and creative writer! :fan: Not only was I impressed with this story, I was also intrigued by the Shakespeare inspired story that you created! :five: Your use of the archaic language is precise and reads very well. :yep: You are a person of many talents, my dear. :hugs::daydreaming:

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PerplexingGeode)
    I love this, Cheese - the ending was unexpected and I love the use of the squirrel, Cyril (it rhymes! )Furthermore, you are a very apt and creative writer! :fan: Not only was I impressed with this story, I was also intrigued by the Shakespeare inspired story that you created! :five: Your use of the archaic language is precise and reads very well. :yep: You are a person of many talents, my dear. :hugs::daydreaming:

Why thank you! Glad you enjoyed it :hugs:
    Hope you're well

ReputationRep:
    Why thank you! Glad you enjoyed it :hugs:
    Hope you're well
    That, I certainly did! :jumphug:

I am okay, I hope you are well, also. :hugs: If you want to talk, about anything at all - please don't hesitate to send me a PM! :lovie2:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 2, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.