Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What marks would I need to get an A* for A2 Maths.

For AS I got 82 and 84 (C1, C2) and 64 for S1.
    This year I'll be doing M1, would it still be possible to get an A* without resitting any modules?

ReputationRep:
    I think you need an A AS maths to get an A* overall

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if it's the same for other exam boards, but with Edexcel you just need to get 90 average across your A2 units, so your AS units don't matter too much, you still need an at least an A though. This means you could be 1 away from an A* and get a B if you think about it, hope that makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fahimul3)

This year I'll be doing M1, would it still be possible to get an A* without resitting any modules?
    dont think it is possible fore youj to get an A* i think you have to get at least 90% in c1 and c4 not 100% sure on that but i do remember my teacher saying somthink on them lines

ReputationRep:
    I heard you have to get 90% between C1 and C2 to be able to get an A* overall.

So if you got at least 180/200 UMS between C1 and C2 you'd need to get 90% between C3 and C4 as well as getting 480/600 UMS in total lol. That's what I have been told but not sure how accurate this is!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DamnDaniel2)
    I heard you have to get 90% between C1 and C2 to be able to get an A* overall.

So if you got at least 180/200 UMS between C1 and C2 you'd need to get 90% between C3 and C4 as well as getting 480/600 UMS in total lol. That's what I have been told but not sure how accurate this is!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So basically 90% between C1 and C2 and 90% between C3 and C4 and get 480/600 UMS at least overall for an A*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You'll have to check what your exam board says.

For OCR MEI, in order to qualifyfor an A*, you need to have got an A at AS (so at least 80% across the 3 modules)
    For A2, you need to get at least90/100 UMS for each C3 and C4, so 180/200 across the two.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fahimul3)

For all examiners you currently need 480 ums from the 6 unit results that includes at least 180 ums from C3 and 4 combined.
    The common rules are given here:
    http://www.jcq.org.uk/Download/exams...dance-for-heis

Most of the conditions listed in replies above are incorrect.
    While every mark you get in every unit is valuable towards achieving the overall goal of 480 ums, You don't require an A at AS, you don't need 90% in C1 or C2, you don't need 90% in both C3 and C4 (you need an Average of 90% or 180 ums from the combined results)

CIE Have a different set of rules but you are not doing their international A level.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For AQA, I think you just need to average 80ums overall and 90ums on C3/C4

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.